Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-02-2011, 11:08 AM   #1
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
What does the indicator light mean?

Oddly, the small indicator light on the front of the Vox, below the on/off button, is not even mentioned in the user manual. What does it tell me? When I first got the Vox I put it in a book cover, which covers the light. After seeing this light mentioned in some of the posts, I cut away the cover frame so I can see it. So far, all I've seen is that it's green when the charger is plugged in. I've seen posts mention it flashing green and maybe someone mentioned it being orange, but I'd have to search.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:13 AM   #2
hieronymos
Groupie
hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.hieronymos is that somebody.

Device: Kobo Vox
Green flashing: something is happening - most of the time, Wi-Fi tries to connect.
Orange flashing: plug your battery.
hieronymos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2011, 11:13 AM   #3
Jesslynne
Zealot
Jesslynne doesn't litterJesslynne doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Mini
It flashes green in the first moments of turning on, and will flash orange/yellow when it gets to a low battery. While plugged in, it'll be orange/yellow while charging and green when the charge is finished.

At least that's what I've gathered from my own personal use. If there's more to it maybe someone else would inform me as well.
Jesslynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 01:05 PM   #4
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Okay, I've noticed it flashes green when booting and it's solid green whenever the charger is plugged in. Today I had the charger plugged in with the Vox turned off, but the green light stayed on until I pressed the button to start it up again. Weird.

Once all the final updates are done to stabilize what, to me, still looks like a beta, the manual should be updated to include everything, even the indicator light.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:39 PM   #5
hpulley
Addict
hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.hpulley is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo Vox, Playbook32
Should be solid green when it is fully charged, yellow while charging. Flashing green when starting cold or as I said, it seems to indicate available wifi if you have it configured that way by flashing green while it is turned on.
hpulley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2011, 07:49 PM   #6
oldyellr
Evangelist

Okay, I just looked while it's charging and I guess it is yellow. I'm red/green deficient and distinguishing some colours is problematic for me. That still does not explain why I saw it green after I'd unplugged the charger from the USB port.
Old 12-15-2011, 10:25 PM   #7
easterncoyote
Zealot
easterncoyote began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyellr View Post
Okay, I just looked while it's charging and I guess it is yellow. I'm red/green deficient and distinguishing some colours is problematic for me. That still does not explain why I saw it green after I'd unplugged the charger from the USB port.
Oldyellr, the Vox doesn't charge through a USB port. I don't think the charger light is supposed to be on, other than flashing when starting up, after the unit is unplugged from a charging source.
easterncoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:51 AM   #8
oldyellr
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by easterncoyote View Post
Oldyellr, the Vox doesn't charge through a USB port. I don't think the charger light is supposed to be on, other than flashing when starting up, after the unit is unplugged from a charging source.
Of course it charges through its USB port, there is no other place. I didn't mean I was trying to charge it from the USB port of my computer. But I'll just dismiss the fact that the light stayed on after unplugging as a glitch in a device that's still in development. I see lots of weird things reported here and feel lucky that mine had been virtually trouble-free except for one suspected instance of not waking from sleep without a reboot. My biggest complaint would be that it needs charging daily. I charge my "dumb" cellphone maybe once a month, if that.