Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-18-2011, 10:00 AM   #1
samy2
Ebook-Fan
samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
Calibre Linux: Wrong version number

I updated my Linux-Version of Calibre as shown on the homepage. It worked as well, as the last time (with a Script, its easier, as on Windows):

But:

It shows me thats its version 0.8.5 and shows that their in an Update to 0.8.6... But in fact its really 0.8.6. So i have the new Plugins-Functions (get new plugins)....
samy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Is there an asterisk displayed after the version number? If so that would mean you are running from source, and source always takes precedence over binaries.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 11:21 AM   #3
darrenlee
darrenlee began at the beginning.

Device: none
I can confirm that.Indeed the version number is incorrect,without an asterisk.
darrenlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:03 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenlee View Post
I can confirm that.Indeed the version number is incorrect,without an asterisk.
works here (for Ubuntu Natty)
Did you shut down Calibre before updating?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:26 PM   #5
samy2
Ebook-Fan
samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Yes i did..... Im working on Fedora Linux 15....

without an asterisk.

Also funny:

Changelog.yaml, in the source-code contains this:

Quote:
"# - title:

- version: 0.8.5
date: 2011-06-10

new features:
- title: "A new 'portable' calibre build, useful if you like to carry around calibre and its library on a U
type: major
description: "For details, see: http://calibre-ebook.com/download_portable"

- title: "E-book viewer: Remember the last used font size multiplier."
tickets: [774343]

- title: "Preliminary support for the Kobo Touch. Drivers for the ZTE v9 tablet, Samsung S2, Notion Ink Ada

- title: "When downloading metadata merge rather than replace tags""

Last edited by samy2; 06-18-2011 at 12:30 PM.
samy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 08:37 PM   #6
darrenlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Yes,definitely.

I compiled the source on my gentoo system.
I just restarted calibre.The version info changed to "Update found:0.8.6(1 plugin updates)".
I know it's a trivial problem,which seems more like a practical joke.That really makes my day.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:51 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Where did you get the source code from?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:28 AM   #8
darrenlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Where did you get the source code from?
There is no gentoo official ebuild file for calibre-0.8.6.So I used calibre-0.8.4 ebuild file from gentoo repository and modified its version number in filename to 0.8.6.
The source code address from the ebuild file is " SRC_URI="http://sourceforge.net/projects/calibre/files/${PV}/${P}.tar.gz" ".
Old 06-19-2011, 12:57 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Ah I see what happened, I forgot to commit the change to the version number before generating the source tarball which caused the problem. Since it's not a big deal, I'll just leave it, it will correct itself next week.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 06-19-2011 at 10:49 AM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:59 AM   #10
geormes
Groupie
geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geormes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Classic, Kobo Touch, Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura
Wrong Version Number

I am using Fedora 15 also. This may be off topic, but why source code?

So far all I have to do is copy the install line and paste it in a terminal window.
geormes is offline   Reply With Quote