Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-18-2007, 02:12 PM   #91
lj69
lj69 began at the beginning.

Device: SONY
none of program above support the Language , i try the html2lrf but not working , hope this thing work fine
lj69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:21 PM   #92
aragon127
aragon127 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
You can also open the LRF in ConnSoft and copy it out of the book viewer there -- it preserves most of the formatting as a bonus.
Unfortunately I'm on a work computer that I don't have admin privileges to so I can't install the connect software on it.

My home computer's are all linux and I can't find a linux tool to do the same.
aragon127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2007, 04:03 PM   #93
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
there's an old implementation of lrf2lrs by roxfan and igorsk flaoting around somewhere, google it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 10:33 PM   #94
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
there's an old implementation of lrf2lrs by roxfan and igorsk flaoting around somewhere, google it.
I have it and it does need Python to run.
Attached Files
File Type: zip lrf2lrs_04.zip (12.8 KB, 267 views)
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:15 PM   #95
kjn24
Enthusiast
kjn24 began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise
I've read this thread, and I still have a question - in simple language, does this mean I can purchase a book from 'connect' in LRF, use the ABC Amber Sony convert, and read the book on my ebookwise? And is it legal?
Kathy
kjn24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2007, 12:19 PM   #96
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjn24 View Post
I've read this thread, and I still have a question - in simple language, does this mean I can purchase a book from 'connect' in LRF, use the ABC Amber Sony convert, and read the book on my ebookwise? And is it legal?
Kathy
When you purchase a book from Sony's Connect store, it has DRM and is LRX. LRX is the DRM laden version of the DRM free LRF. ABC Amber Sony Convert does not convert DRM laden ebooks. Also, ABC Amber Sony Converter misses out on the styles suck as italics and graphics. In my opinion, it does a poor job converting.
Old 11-13-2007, 12:30 PM   #97
kjn24
Enthusiast
kjn24 began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise
Thanks! That's exactly what I needed to know. The universe seems to conspire against my ebookwise which I really like.
Kathy
kjn24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:51 PM   #98
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjn24 View Post
Thanks! That's exactly what I needed to know. The universe seems to conspire against my ebookwise which I really like.
Kathy
But there are a lot of books in the E-Books section here that are IMP formatted so you can read them with your ebookwise. And what I need to dois go through all of my posted books and see which ones need IMP copies made.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:14 AM   #99
aragon127
aragon127 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
When you purchase a book from Sony's Connect store, it has DRM and is LRX. LRX is the DRM laden version of the DRM free LRF. ABC Amber Sony Convert does not convert DRM laden ebooks. Also, ABC Amber Sony Converter misses out on the styles suck as italics and graphics. In my opinion, it does a poor job converting.
Also, the link to the ABC Converter has been dead for months.

You can find a copy on the archive if you look hard enough though.
aragon127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 10:31 AM   #100
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

ABC Amber Sony Converter is still there. It have not been updated with the promised styles and graphics support that was promised oh so long ago.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:20 AM   #101
kfarmer
Gizzzzmo Nerd
kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Given the poor quality of some of the purchased books (obvious OCR issues, specifically), it's too bad I can't get them fixed.

le sigh
kfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:08 PM   #102
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm in the process of writing lrf2html
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:59 PM   #103
ks4au
ks4au began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505,MIO PDA
Frustrating...;the freeware for Sony converts FROM lrf to other formats. I need other formats TO SONY.
ks4au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:01 PM   #104
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks4au View Post
Frustrating...;the freeware for Sony converts FROM lrf to other formats. I need other formats TO SONY.
The you need libprs500 and Book Designer. The Amber converters do one hell of a piss poor job of converting. I locked up my wife's 500 with an RTF created by one of the Amber converters. The PDF it creates is crap too. Bascially, if it can be done poorly, Amber does it.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:22 PM   #105
kfarmer
Gizzzzmo Nerd
kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I'm in the process of writing lrf2html
HTML as in BookDesigner's markup (including images, fonts, styles for ToC, and whatever magic to get links without lines, etc)?

The unfortunate aspect I mentioned above is largely due to the content being DRMed. I don't mind the free stuff having editting issue, but what I spend money one -- "The Dragonriders of Peru" just doesn't cut it.

Much of the motivation for me is external to the text. The beauty of the copy itself is one reason I've purchased stuff I could have gotten for free, otherwise. Otherwise I would be happy with a device that just ran notepad, and I'd have far fewer leatherbound editions on my shelves.
kfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote