Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-26-2012, 09:59 AM   #1
Murari
Murari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Murari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Murari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Murari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Murari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Murari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Murari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Murari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Murari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Murari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Murari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone 3gs
Reading word documents in iphone

Hi all, I am a newbie in this forum and certainly not a techie

I have the following irritating problem with my iphone 3GS. I am an accountant who has lot of word documents to read. I used some apps to read word documents in iphone. The font size looks small to read comfortably. I am not able to increase the font size with out zooming. When i zoom, the contents go off the screen and I have to go left and right to read which is even more difficult. Is there any apps which will make the fonts bigger enough to read with out the contents going out of the screen.

Pls help. Thanks.
Murari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I use FileApp.

http://www.digidna.net/products/fileapp
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:07 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the Apple forum. You're much more likely to get help if you post in the correct forum!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:34 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

DocsToGo is a nice app for viewing and editing MS Office documents, spreadsheets, etc.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #5
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
I also recommend DocsToGo as the office suite for iPhone. However, if you only want to read, not edit Word documents, you also have these options:
  • open the Word files in Mobipocket Reader, which will instantly convert them to the Kindle-format, so that you can then read your Word documents in the Kindle app on your iPhone.
  • it should also be possible to e-mail your Word documents to Amazon for instant conversion into the Kindle format.
  • re-save the Word document as filtered HTML in Word, then feed the HTML file into Calibre and save as an EPUB file, so you can then read it in a regular e-book reader on your iPhone, like Stanza or iBooks.
If these options sound complicated, they really aren't -- all a matter of seconds.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:47 AM   #6
Murari
Murari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Murari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Murari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Murari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Murari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Murari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Murari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Murari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Murari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Murari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Murari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone 3gs
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
DocsToGo is a nice app for viewing and editing MS Office documents, spreadsheets, etc.
Thanks jswinden, I purchased the app and it seems to work fine.
Murari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:25 AM   #7
forsooth
tec montage
forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindles, lenovo, chromebook, mobiles
I thank you all also for information.

question: is iPod like iPhone on these Apps?

Last edited by forsooth; 01-05-2013 at 05:27 AM.
forsooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:45 AM   #8
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by forsooth View Post
question: is iPod like iPhone on these Apps?
iPod touch, yes.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote