Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-08-2012, 09:18 AM   #1
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Pinterest as wish list?

I just decided to give Pinterest a try--probably because Rakutan bought it, so it makes it a Kobo-cousin. I'm thinking it would make a great wish list using the "Pin-It" bookmarklet. Navigate to the webpage of a book you're interested in, click on Pin It and a picture of the book cover and the link to the book on the site the book appears on goes onto the Pinterest page you have set up as a wish list.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
I've been waiting before registering to it because of the security issues... If one is registered there are a few things to watch out for and some precautions to take to avoid problems. Most of the scams
and virus attacks involve "re-pinning" image links.
This article is great because it gives suggestions about how to minimize any risk, just common sense really!
http://blog.zonealarm.com/2012/05/pr...pinterest.html
This one talks about the problems from the business side:
http://windmillnetworking.com/2012/0...ecurity-risks/

This article explains the types of scams
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:48 AM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, I had seen the warnings, but I don't allow anyone to pin to my boards and (so far at least) I have followed other people, but not repinned anything, probably because so far I have wanted the boards I have set up to be me,me,me. I learnt the too good to be true stuff a long, long time ago .

There is always the option to use it just for things like your wish list, so actually following other folks, clicking on their pins would not come up.

This is my (very small) wishlist: http://pinterest.com/thenoodledbrain/wish-list/

Last edited by taming; 06-08-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:58 PM   #4
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Thansk for the tip. This works fine. I am now a Happy PINner.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:33 PM   #5
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Interesting, I might give that a try. Funny that your first pinned book is Amped. I just got that one... now I just have to find time to read it.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 05:59 PM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite

Actually, the order on the page is a bit deceptive, the last book is on the far left. It is even more confusing because I played with Pinterest and the idea of a Wish List a bit before making one. When I did it, there were not yet pinning options on each of the Kobo pages.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:47 AM   #7
taming
Trying for calm & polite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
Thansk for the tip. This works fine. I am now a Happy PINner.
Nice wish list! (http://pinterest.com/sensualpoet/ebook-wish-list/). I found a few books on your list to explore.

When you use the Kobo pin-it button, the blurb from Kobo is attached. When you use the pin-it book marklet, the link is there, but not the comment. I have been using the book marklet, and for books I've read (as opposed to my wish-list), I am doing a very short mini-review as my comment.