Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
Nils1990
Nils1990 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T2
Laptop/pc won't recognize PRS-T2

I had no problem what so ever with the reader, but when I tried to recharge the reader, it wouldn't start up, it won't show on my laptop or any other pc, and the red light stays on for a minute or so, then it goes out again.

I've tested the cable, there is nothing wrong with it, so the problem is with the device...

If anybody can offer help, i would appriciate it!
Nils1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #2
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Get a wall charger for it & plug it into the wall & charge it from there.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2013, 10:49 AM   #3
Skillganon
Connoisseur
Skillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to beholdSkillganon is a splendid one to behold

Device: Sony prs 600 and T2
I agree buy a wall charger, easily available online. Do you also mean the pc will not see the reader, that is a diferent problem.
If you are using sony software I would remove it and get the latest version of Calibre, it is much better and much easier to use.
Skillganon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:15 AM   #4
mediax
Readaholic
mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2 (previously 505 and 650)
Are you getting the dialog box on your Reader saying "Do you wish this device to be recognised by your pc?" (or something similar)?

I've found that sometimes I need to return to the home page on my Reader before the dialog box will appear.
mediax is offline   Reply With Quote