Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-07-2010, 10:52 AM   #1
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Carina Press launch sale - 20% off all titles

Harlequin's new digital-first publishing house launched their first titles this morning. Until July 5th (at 8:59 EDT) they are having a 20% off sale on all titles in their new store.

http://ebooks.carinapress.com

Carina titles are being sold DRM Free in ePub and PDF formats through their store. They will also be selling through Amazon, Books on Board, Fictionwise and others.

Books are priced by length (word count).
15-25k: $2.99
26-50k: $3.99
50-75k: $4.99
75-100: $5.99
100k+: $6.99

EDIT: Some of the titles they're offering are pre-orders. Just thought I'd mention it as I didn't notice at first when I was poking around (look for the on sale date).

Last edited by AnemicOak; 06-07-2010 at 12:32 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 10:05 PM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
This is part of Harlequin?? How odd.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2010, 12:28 PM   #3
KJohnson
KJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-booksKJohnson has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony505
Carina Press

We just placed these on our site http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...rina-mailer-us

While the titles are likely of interest only to fans of the Genre, I think HQN launch of Carina Press with non-DRM formats is significant.

I wish Harlequin great success with Carina and hope other publishers take note and consider following suit with non-DRM offerings of their own.

Kurt Johnson
BooksOnBoard
KJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:22 AM   #4
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Oops. Went to pick up one or two of the Carina Press books at BoB...and ended up with seven books in my cart! I guess I'm due, given how few books I've been buying at F...at that other place since the Agency debacle.

Reason for edit: I can't count. It was seven, not nine. (Still, it was fun to go book shopping - I've missed it!)

Last edited by FizzyWater; 06-10-2010 at 10:18 PM.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote