Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-05-2012, 11:18 PM   #16
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Another source is ebooks.com. In addition to the usual bestsellers, they also have good non-fiction books that are hard to locate elsewhere.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #17
laughingdragons
Groupie
laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.laughingdragons ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350 1 Pink 1 Silver Paperwhite Kindle
I buy the majority of my books from kobo.
laughingdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #18
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingdragons View Post
I buy the majority of my books from kobo.
Ditto, especially with the frequent coupons. As others have mentioned, be sure to note that they are available in Adobe DRM EPUB format. I bought one recently that SHOULD have been in Adobe DRM EPUB (as the rest of the series was), but wasn't. I had to find a way to pull it out of the Kobo for Android app and make it back into a proper EPUB. I contacted Kobo support, because I'm sure it was an oversight, but they weren't helpful.

I recently got turned on to Books On Board, which others have mentioned. They run pretty good sales from time to time and also have reward dollars for non-agency books. They also carry audiobooks, many in DRM-free MP3 format. You'll have to download them on a PC using Overdrive Media Console, but you can transfer them to any device that supports MP3.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:24 AM   #19
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I noticed looking thru Sony Reader Store Most of the ebooks listed are Smashword. Not sure what I expected LOL but I am
I would have to disagree with that. It may be the type or category of books you're looking at but I wouldn't say most are Smashword books.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:07 AM   #20
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
Don't forget the libraries for ebooks that you can load onto your Sony - Phili free library, Navy library if you have military access, etc.
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2012, 04:22 AM   #21
wings99
wings99 is kind to children and small, furry animalswings99 is kind to children and small, furry animalswings99 is kind to children and small, furry animalswings99 is kind to children and small, furry animalswings99 is kind to children and small, furry animalswings99 is kind to children and small, furry animalswings99 is kind to children and small, furry animalswings99 is kind to children and small, furry animalswings99 is kind to children and small, furry animalswings99 is kind to children and small, furry animalswings99 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T2
Have just discovered Booksonboard, they're useful in that it allows you to change your region & download books that may not be available in your region. Doesn't seem to be an issue with it as it allows me to do so Also Booktopia/Google books.
wings99 is offline   Reply With Quote