Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 07-05-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
mesquite
A tree.
mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mesquite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Device questions

I sent all my books to my USB stick via the 'Connect to Folder' and then 'Send to Device'. I was surprised though when opening the USB location that it just sent the mobi and not the ePub versions of the books I had as well or the individual book folders, in essence in the way you would see the layout of your Calibre library if you looked at it in the folder point of view:

Calibre Library< Ben Coes < Power Down (1) [Book formats, Cover, metadata.opf here], Coup d'Eat (2), The Last Refuge (3) as it would appear on the computer.

It shows [FlashDriveNameHere]< Ben Coes < Power Down [Book Formats], Coup d'Eat [Book Formats], The Last Refuge [Book Formats].

I figured that IF I sent it all to a device it was pretty much like copying the Calibre Library folder set up on the main storage location to begin with or whatever.

Second, why does mobi, get sent to a device over ePub? I "figured" that if I asked it to send the books it was sending ALL available formats whether it be mobi, ePUB or some other format.

If it all sounds confusing to you, trust me it confused me to write it out.
mesquite is offline   Reply With Quote