Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-26-2014, 09:23 AM   #1
kelemvor
Enthusiast
kelemvor began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Can the Kindle app search subfolders?

So I have a bunch of .mobi files I want to put on my phone and have them show up in my Kindle app. This works fine for .mobi files I put in the root of the kindle folder, but I have many that are in series so I'd like to put them in subfolders per series.

I did this but none of those books show up in the Kindle app. Is there any way to do this or do I have to just dump all of them right in the root?

Thanks.
kelemvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 01:02 PM   #2
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
No I do not believe that it can. I have always had to place the file within the folder that kindle stores the ebooks and data in.

android\data\com.amazon.kindle\files
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2014, 04:36 PM   #3
miki2
Connoisseur
miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miki2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7", Nexus 7 (2013),
Try this blog: http://kindleworld.blogspot.com.br/2...s-feature.html

Pulling out my old Kindle I found that if you click Home and then Menu in fact there is an option called "Create new Collection".

Certainly much easier using Cool Reader or FBreader on my Nexus.

Good luck.
miki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:33 AM   #4
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Yes you can create collections, that are just a way to organize books by say author, but all of them are still in the same folders.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote