Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-31-2013, 03:11 PM   #1
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
Exclamation ONYX BOOX i63SL Kepler

The first book from Onyx on Android
Video Review here.
Available to buy in Russia in 2 weeks. The report said that Android features heavily trimmed

Первая книга от Onyx на Android
Видео обзор тут.
Поступит в продажу в России через 2 недели.
В репортаже сказано что функции Android сильно урезаны
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 03:44 AM   #2
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Thanks, but as I don`t understand Russian ....
What's the main difference with R65 & C65?
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2013, 04:31 AM   #3
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Thanks for the information.

It is not clear, but it looks. And what I see I like.
To emphasize the speed of the reader.
Not to mention that pretty cover, so different from the Spartan we know of the Box.

A greeting. -
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:39 AM   #4
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Does it still use Stardict dictionaries? Which reading software?
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:22 AM   #5
Feher
Addict
Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Feher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox M92; Onyx Boox i86ML; Kobo Aura H2O; Dasung Paperlike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolo View Post
What's the main difference with R65 & C65?
C series is capacitive touch while R series is Infrared touch.

This information is given on alibaba links, their main website mentions both models as Infrared though
Feher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2013, 07:25 AM   #6
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feher View Post
C series is capacitive touch while R series is Infrared touch.

This information is given on alibaba links, their main website mentions both models as Infrared though
Thanks!
But what is the difference of both with i62?
Old 06-01-2013, 08:52 AM   #7
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolo View Post
Thanks!
But what is the difference of both with i62?
Frontligth, 1 GHz processor, 500 MB of RAM, joystick and little else, apart from the OS, according to an Android partner says 2.3 light.
http://gadgetgadget.ru/index.php?rou...product_id=153

A greeting. -
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #8
Manolo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraylocus View Post
Frontligth, 1 GHz processor, 500 MB of RAM, joystick and little else, apart from the OS, according to an Android partner says 2.3 light.
http://gadgetgadget.ru/index.php?rou...product_id=153

A greeting. -
Thanks.
But so i63 is nearly the same than R65. Isn't it?
Greetings.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #9
afainber
Connoisseur
afainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus, Inkbook Explore
From what understand from the various websites the differences are:
1. R65 - IR touchscreen + frontlight
2. C65 - IR touchscreen, no frontlight
3. i63SL - frontlight, no touchscreen
afainber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #10
Kirith
schoolteacher
Kirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverKirith exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx M92 +i62HD(m)+M92(m)x20+M90x13
And in Russia, and there is still this model:
4. I63MSL - frontlight, no touchscreen, no sound

А в России ещё есть и такая модель:
4. I63MSL - подсветка, нет тачскрина, нет звука
Kirith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #11
Manolo
Addict

Thanks!
Old 06-01-2013, 03:56 PM   #12
N8Walker
N8Walker began at the beginning.

Device: onyx
but 4 Days 11 Hours and 54 Minutes Battery Life is a no-Go-Argument for an E-Ink device.
hope they can improve it
N8Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:52 AM   #13
Manolo
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8Walker View Post
but 4 Days 11 Hours and 54 Minutes Battery Life is a no-Go-Argument for an E-Ink device.
hope they can improve it
True! I suppose bigger battery and better software optimization are both needed.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:12 AM   #14
Danimus
Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Danimus knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Pro
Video Review was probably done with older software since in the product description page you can find:
Помимо времени работы аж 30 дней без подзарядки - working time without recharging is 30 days.
We will need to wait few more weeks for review that will give us correct answers on android port performance and possibilities (Play Store access, are we going to have root access, ...)
Danimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:09 PM   #15
N8Walker
N8Walker began at the beginning.

Device: onyx
sounds very interesting.
what abuot the approximate releasedate in germany?
а примерную дату выхода на немецкий рынок, вы случайно не знаете?
по слухам в сетке говорили весна 2013 :-D. а то я собрался светлячка покупать
N8Walker is offline   Reply With Quote