Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #226
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Very nice both of them, but they're not going to dislodge my no. 1 favourite "greasy" yellowish day theme.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #227
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoozer View Post
I uploaded 2 clean paper textures to Photobucket. Check them out and let me know what you think.
http://s5.photobucket.com/user/snooz...per%20textures
I've been reading on the paper one I edited at night. It's does have a real book feel to it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2013, 01:31 PM   #228
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
I uploaded 2 clean paper textures to Photobucket. Check them out and let me know what you think.
http://s5.photobucket.com/user/snooz...per%20textures
Very nice! Thank you!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:09 AM   #229
snoozer
Connoisseur
snoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windowssnoozer format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 7th Generation, Lenovo c330 Chromebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Very nice! Thank you!
Glad to hear that you like them. I use them when at the gym where the lighting fixtures put off such a glare, the texture of the canvas paper reduces this quite a bit.
snoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 04:48 PM   #230
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Glad to hear that you like them. I use them when at the gym where the lighting fixtures put off such a glare, the texture of the canvas paper reduces this quite a bit.
I am now using the canvas one all the time! It's perfect! Thank you, again!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2013, 08:04 PM   #231
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I am now using the canvas one all the time! It's perfect! Thank you, again!
I am too, which surprises me. I like it!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 09:11 PM   #232
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
It seems it's not possible to customize a night mode and day mode separately. You can only create one theme, and it creates a reverse theme to be used for the night/day button. Is this right or am I missing something?
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:03 PM   #233
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
It seems it's not possible to customize a night mode and day mode separately. You can only create one theme, and it creates a reverse theme to be used for the night/day button. Is this right or am I missing something?
Yes you can actually just choose the night theme and modify it to your liking then save it as a new theme.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:27 AM   #234
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lightbulb

Quote:
It seems it's not possible to customize a night mode and day mode separately.
On the contrary, you can have 20 day themes and 30 night themes in Moon+, if you wish. You use the Theme menu item for that.

The "night button" doesn't really switch between your day theme and night theme -- it only makes your current theme look like a day theme or a night theme. But the button does not switch your font, for example. So, the "night button" is more for impromptu switching to something that looks like a day mode or night mode. For truly switching to a full-fledged day mode or night mode with all that belongs to it, you need to use the Theme menu item, not the button.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:38 AM   #235
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Yes you can actually just choose the night theme and modify it to your liking then save it as a new theme.
Yes. What I mean, though, is I cannot create a dark theme A, and light theme B, and have it switch between A and B when tap the day/night button.

When I tap the day/night button, it seems to cycle to three themes, only one of which is what I created. I can't tell what the other two come from.

Btw, you are EVERYWHERE, Blossom. You're like a one woman geek squad

Edit: okay, Faterson just clarified it. I think if you create a theme that looks like a day theme , it will generate a night theme, and vice versa. If you create an ambiguous theme, possibly by using a background image, it will create both a night and day theme in addition to yours.

Last edited by Barty; 12-19-2013 at 01:48 AM.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:00 AM   #236
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel

Quote:
Edit: okay, Faterson just clarified it. I think if you create a theme that looks like a day theme , it will generate a night theme, and vice versa. If you create an ambiguous theme, possibly by using a background image, it will create both a night and day theme in addition to yours.

Erm... I'm not sure what you're saying above, but anyway... I have found that the button is not suitable for me to switch to anything at all, so I just don't use that button. Instead, I set up Moon so that tapping the time indicator in the left bottom of the screen, brings up the selection of my themes (I have dozens of them set up in Moon, most of them my custom themes featuring my custom background textures), and on that screen, I only need to tap the theme I wish to activate right now. That is, at least to me, an even better, faster way to switch to any theme, including Day or Night, than hitting that "night button", with uncertain results.

I think the button is fine, but it's just not that useful for me. I think the button simply tries to make whatever you are currently seeing on your screen, look like day mode or night mode, without, however, completely, in every respect, switching to your day mode / night mode specifications as set up in your themes. It's a good button for impromptu occasions, but that's all.

Last edited by Faterson; 12-19-2013 at 02:05 AM.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:53 AM   #237
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Moon+ Pro is on sale at the Google Play store! 50% off! There is also a updated new version. So far I haven't noticed anything different but it seems stable.
Old 12-21-2013, 06:53 AM   #238
Barty
doofus

It added embedded font support. since we can aleeady sideload fonts, it is pretty unnecessary as far as I'm concerned
Old 12-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #239
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
It added embedded font support. since we can aleeady sideload fonts, it is pretty unnecessary as far as I'm concerned
I downgraded. The new version has a bug in it that splits words for no reason. You can back up your settings and themes in misc if you decide to. I couldn't take having my words chopped up randomly.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:08 PM   #240
diremommy
Zealot
diremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshesdiremommy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zenpad S 8, iPad mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I downgraded. The new version has a bug in it that splits words for no reason. You can back up your settings and themes in misc if you decide to. I couldn't take having my words chopped up randomly.
Ugh so it's not just me! That word splitting thing has been bugging me! I kept fiddling with settings trying to fix it, and finally had to get my old tablet back out just to see how I had it before. Still split words oddly, however I tried to fix it.
diremommy is offline   Reply With Quote