Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-07-2012, 06:54 AM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Trouble installing dictionaries on Kobo Touch

My boyfriend has just given me his Kobo Touch to keep, sell or otherwise employ for whatever use. I am testing it for a few days to see if I want a Glo (since they are very similar, firmware-wise) and I am having some trouble because I can't get dictionaries installed on it. I went into settings and checked the boxes for English, Francais, English-Francais translation and Francais-English translation. I clicked okay and it said they were there.

I tested some books and got the message that there was no dictionary. I did a wireless sync, restarted, tested again. Nothing. Then I did a sync with the annoying desktop app and restarted. Still nothing. Finally, I found that the translation dictionaries were on there when I chose that option. But when I highlighted a word, it would tell me that an English dictionary was not installed (or a French one, when I tried the French book) and to go to settings and install one.

What am I missing here? I would really like to use this feature.

Also, just wondering if anyone knows whether the Kobo Glo has other language features. I thought when I saw it in the store that I remember a Google Translate option, like the Kindle has, but I could be remembering that wrong.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #2
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
You might try to uncheck the English and French dictionaries, sync, check the dictionaries and sync again.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert