Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-02-2014, 07:53 AM   #241
starr974
Connoisseur
starr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad
Thanks hakim for the image. (the image is cut up is ti normal?)

But can you take photo about the Inkpad with Manga page for see if it put marge or not?

And, can you read inside the bubbles if the write is small?
starr974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 10:56 AM   #242
hakim
Connoisseur
hakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmos

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 840, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by starr974 View Post
Thanks hakim for the image. (the image is cut up is ti normal?)

But can you take photo about the Inkpad with Manga page for see if it put marge or not?

And, can you read inside the bubbles if the write is small?
It's a bit hard to understand what you are saying...
No, it's not normal. It was only happening with firmware version 5 because of the way pocketbook developers moved the status bar. rkomar has already fixed the issue but hasn't published the new fixed version yet.

There are some small margins but it's not a big deal. Here are a couple of pics showing how the application looks like with the status bar and without it in the latest version (original image is 1600x1200 but I reduced it to 800x600):
Yes, the text is big enough to see what's written in the text bubbles without zooming in because the screen is quite big and high resolution (1600x1200). Also, it's usually easier to read manga than normal comic books/graphic novels because manga pages tend to be smaller and text bigger, but I think both are relatively readable.
hakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2014, 12:54 PM   #243
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Thanks for showing the screen shot with the toolbar, Hakim. Your toolbar is missing all the information that the application provides. I've attached a screen shot from my 623, where you can see what the toolbar should contain (a page map, current page/total pages, zoom percentage, and "icons" for panel detection and margin cropping). That is disappointing, but I guess the app can still function without the user knowing that information.

I've managed to order an Inkpad from PocketBook Boutique, so I'll be able to see bugs directly and experiment with finding some fixes.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp scr0010.bmp (380.1 KB, 312 views)
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 03:06 PM   #244
hakim
Connoisseur
hakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmoshakim has become one with the cosmos

As I have mentioned in "Firmware v4 versus v5" thread, in two or three weeks they will provide an option for Inkpad users to downgrade back to old 4.4 firmware. It seems there are quite a lot of users who are not very happy with the new version (at least judging from what I've seen on russian forums).

I will be doing the downgrade too and your application missing features is not the main reason. Not being able to install other 3rd party apps is a huge disadvantage. Their epub reader which is showing blank pages when I try to go back a page and not being able to always see battery percentage + time while reading is just unacceptable for me (and no, having two huge toolbars at the same time occupying quarter of the page is not an option to me either).
Old 12-03-2014, 05:19 AM   #245
starr974
Connoisseur
starr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enoughstarr974 will become famous soon enough

Thanks you very much Hakim for your screenshots.
I have a lot of manga, and im waiting THE ereader for that i can read them all.
I think i find it now
As rkomar, i will buy one on Pocketbook website (i live in France).
Advert
Old 12-04-2014, 08:54 AM   #246
starr974
Connoisseur

I have a last question about Inkpad with mangas:
how is the contrast?
I mean, black is very black , or little bit grey?
Old 12-04-2014, 11:19 AM   #247
hakim
Connoisseur

Contrast imho is good. Blacks are black and, when frontlight is turned on, white will look like white.
Old 12-05-2014, 10:46 AM   #248
starr974
Connoisseur

Thank you very much Hakim for this informations.
So Innkpad looks very nice for read manga.
I think i will buy it for chrismass (95 Go of cbz to read )
Old 12-15-2014, 09:29 AM   #249
Telev
Telev began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, PocketBook 626
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakim View Post
@rkomar
You can see here how fullscreen mode looks like in firmware version 5. Would be nice if you could fix it.
Hi,

This bug has been fixed in the last release ?
Telev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 11:22 AM   #250
hakim
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telev View Post
Hi,

This bug has been fixed in the last release ?
rkomar has fixed the bug, but I don't think he has publicly shared the fixed version yet.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:59 PM   #251
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've released a new version (1.1), mostly to fix some issues found on Inkpad devices, but also with a few new features for all.

Thanks to a suggestion from hakim, I implemented similar tap zones as those found in the official PocketBook reading apps. Tapping the upper left corner quits the application. The upper right corner brings up the second menu on devices with firmware version 4 and above. Tapping near the middle of each side is equivalent to pressing the Next button, and tapping either bottom corner is equivalent to pressing the Prev button. Tapping in the center area brings up the main menu, as usual.

Thanks to a suggestion from Kiga, I've added a configuration option to automatically rotate images according to their aspect ratio. Tall images are displayed in portrait mode, and wide images are displayed in either landscape mode (chosen in the Configuration menu).

Since the Inkpad doesn't have a Menu button, I've added an item in the main menu for opening the Contents dialog. Since the GotoPage dialog doesn't work right on devices with the latest firmware versions (you have to tap in the center of the screen before it shows itself), the Contents dialog may be the easiest way to jump to an arbitrary page in an archive.

Worked around some buggy multi-touch events that I was seeing on my 4.4.1073 Inkpad. The two-fingered gestures weren't working reliably, but should be much better now.

Fixed a small bug that was keeping the pagemap icon in the toolbar from appearing on the first page that was opened.

I wanted to get this version out sooner so that people using the Inkpad with firmware version 5 could get something that worked reasonably. The translations for the autorotation configuration option will come later.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:53 AM   #252
starr974
Connoisseur

I didn't buy Inkpad yet, but i would like to say Thank You to rkomar for all the work you do!
Old 12-17-2014, 08:17 AM   #253
starr974
Connoisseur

I just buy one Inkpad.
In the first page , there are 4 programs. Which is the good one for Inkpad please?
This one?: pbimageviewer.app-v1.1-Pro-360+.zip
Old 12-17-2014, 12:56 PM   #254
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by starr974 View Post
I just buy one Inkpad.
In the first page , there are 4 programs. Which is the good one for Inkpad please?
This one?: pbimageviewer.app-v1.1-Pro-360+.zip
It depends on which firmware is on the device. Use the "Pro-360+" app if it is firmware version 4. Use the "fwv5" app for version 5.

@pkbo just messaged me that there is a new PocketBook SDK for firmware version 5! Maybe I won't have to statically link libjpeg and libtiff in the future.
Old 12-22-2014, 02:29 PM   #255
mleroy
mleroy began at the beginning.

Device: PB 626 (Touch Lux 2)
Hello, I'm Martin, It's my first post
I buy a PB touch Lux 2 ( 626) today, my fist e-reader.

I try to install this app but it don't work, i have read all the topic but il didn't saw the answer ( or i don't understand it... i'm french)

firmware 4.4.651

I have done :

- I put "pbimageviewer.app" (pbimageviewer.app-v1.1-Pro-360+) in /System/bin/ & /applications/

- I create "extensions.cfg" (with notepad in .txt then i rename as .cfg) & put it on system/config/ ( after error, I put the one in downloading on this post)

- I unzip the device_cfg on "System" ( System/share/pbiv doesn't exist ) ( after error, i delete all files exept 626.cfg, sould I keep default.cfg ? )

The files .cbz .cbr are in the folder with the epub, I see the files, when I want to launch one, a hourglass waiting, a screen refresh and... nothing, I saw the book list again.
When I want to open it in "applications" , I receive a message "impossible to launch programs" ( I translate the message from french )

Wath am I doing wrong ?

Thanks for all & sorry for my bad english
mleroy is offline   Reply With Quote