Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #316
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you, David. I like the new option for series, it works quite well. And I use a lot your plugin, thank you for it in general, too.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:17 AM   #317
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Update to Kobo Utilities plugin - V1.4.1

Just a small update today.

I have added an option to the "Order Series Shelves" to update the "Kobo eReader.conf" file. When this is selected, the sort order for the shelves that were ordered will be set to "Date Added". If you don't want to change the order, make sure the option is not selected.

As usual, calibre will notify you of the update in the next few hours. And if you have any problems with the plugin, please report them so I can look at them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #318
jbennion
jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.jbennion for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony reader PRS-650
This is great Davidfor! A question for you on the updated series sorting order... will a simple connect and then eject reorder our series shelves, or will we need to resend the books?
jbennion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #319
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It isn't automatic. While the device is connected, you need to connect, run "Order Series Shelves" from the utilities plugin menu. Change any options, remove any shelves you don't want sorted and press OK. You won't need to redo this unless you change the books in the series shelves.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:49 PM   #320
Fallen33
Fallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kobo Aura HD
So let me get some clarification on the "upload cover" feature. (which I have not figured out how to use, the option is always greyed out)

I would like to update the kepub covers I have on the device that came straight from the bookstore. Meaning I did NOT upload them via Calibre but downloaded them from Kobo's Bookstore. I want to change some of the stock covers of Kobo store books without having to put them through Calibre and sideload them. (which kills some of the features I need, like annotations syncing automatically between devices via cloud etc.)

Is this is what the upload cover feature does?
Fallen33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 10:36 PM   #321
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen33 View Post
So let me get some clarification on the "upload cover" feature. (which I have not figured out how to use, the option is always greyed out)

I would like to update the kepub covers I have on the device that came straight from the bookstore. Meaning I did NOT upload them via Calibre but downloaded them from Kobo's Bookstore. I want to change some of the stock covers of Kobo store books without having to put them through Calibre and sideload them. (which kills some of the features I need, like annotations syncing automatically between devices via cloud etc.)

Is this is what the upload cover feature does?
The plugin is mainly about improving the communication between calibre and the Kobo devices. As such, a lot of options only work when you have a book in the calibre library that matches a book on the device. The cover upload is one of them. But, you can achieve what you want.

If the calibre library has a copy of a book that is already on the device, it will match them together. It doesn't matter what format they are. What I do is to download the epub version of books I bought from Kobo and add these to calibre. At the next connection, calibre will see this and show the book as on the device. Then, functions such as the uploading covers will work.

If you don't want to add the book file to calibre, you can add it as an empty book. This will just record the book and its metadata in the library. To do this, right-click the add books button and select "Add empty book". You will be prompted for the number of books, the author and the series. When you press OK, you will have a book entry and you can set the title.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:50 AM   #322
Fallen33
Fallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmosFallen33 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The plugin is mainly about improving the communication between calibre and the Kobo devices. As such, a lot of options only work when you have a book in the calibre library that matches a book on the device. The cover upload is one of them. But, you can achieve what you want.

If the calibre library has a copy of a book that is already on the device, it will match them together. It doesn't matter what format they are. What I do is to download the epub version of books I bought from Kobo and add these to calibre. At the next connection, calibre will see this and show the book as on the device. Then, functions such as the uploading covers will work.

If you don't want to add the book file to calibre, you can add it as an empty book. This will just record the book and its metadata in the library. To do this, right-click the add books button and select "Add empty book". You will be prompted for the number of books, the author and the series. When you press OK, you will have a book entry and you can set the title.
DUDE, perfect. Thank you, this is exactly what I need. I usually have access to my full Calibre library but I don't right now. I will use this when I get home. THANKS!
Fallen33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:15 AM   #323
hakan42
Zealot
hakan42 is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook Classic rooted; Galaxy S IV with Aldiko, other older devices
Would it be possible to mark ebooks on Gobo Glo as "finished" if it is marked to in Calibre?

I like to keep complete series of books on my glo, but often read a book on the commute with my mobile (much better portability) and finish it even before getting back to my Glo.
hakan42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:27 PM   #324
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakan42 View Post
Would it be possible to mark ebooks on Gobo Glo as "finished" if it is marked to in Calibre?

I like to keep complete series of books on my glo, but often read a book on the commute with my mobile (much better portability) and finish it even before getting back to my Glo.
Yes, and I do it all the time. There are three ways.

- Select the books in either the calibre library and choose "Update metadata in Device Library". At the bottom are the "Reading status" options. Select "Update reading status" and then "Finished". Press OK to make the changes.

- If you use the device list, there is a similar option labelled "Change reading status in the device library".

- If you use the "Store/Restore current bookmark" function to store the reading position, you can restore it. For what you are doing, set the percent read column to 100 and do a restore. This will mark the book as finished. This is the way I do it, but I also set the last read date in calibre to when I finished it.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #325
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I updated my series info and ordered the shelves ad it works good. I was impressed that the default sort now seems to be date added instead of title.

Thanks

helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #326
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
Hi David

There is any chance to bring back reading Stats for sideloaded kepubs?
Don't know if it is a feature for Kobo Utilities or Kobo Driver, but It would be nice someone finds a way to do this.
I think the main problem is to understand how the firmware recognize sideloaded from original ones. It could be the file position in the memory or the filename?
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #327
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Its a feature of the firmware having removed support for sideloaded kEpubs.

Yes it is based on location of the book; the challenge though is that when books are placed in the location where the f/w supports stats, they are not scanned and added to the Kobo Database, so are not accessible via the reader.

In order for them to be seen, all required database entries would need to be added by the driver, and this is a moire challenging / risky procedure.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:37 AM   #328
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
I'm working on it, but it's not looking very promising. I've taken a database delta comparing the database before and after adding a real Kobo KePub and my current attempt already makes identical changes so there's clearly more going on.

And as Peter said, database work in the driver is risky. The option to support newer firmware (and likely also older firmware) would have to be ignored.

Last edited by jgoguen; 11-06-2013 at 10:42 AM.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:17 PM   #329
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
Ok, thank you for the infos.
Shame on kobo for this (I understand why the made this choice, but it's annoying anyway), if only they leave the firmware the ability to scan also .kobo/kepub folder it would be really easy to work around.
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #330
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
There is a good reason for them not to scan the kepub folder though. They put their files in there and those files should not be scanned cause the Kobo process adds the information directly before the scanner runs.
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities