Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-12-2012, 01:38 AM   #1
rob91
rob91 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Trouble with AZW to PDF

I have a book in AZW (azw 4 if its important) format that I am trying to convert to a pdf (book displays fine in kindle pc reader, just want a simple, universal format as well). After numerous conversion attempts to PDF (drm is removed) I keep getting the same thing: very small pages with page breaks after each sentence. The result is what is a roughly 350 pg book in kindle reader comes out to about 2k pages in pdf format. Along with these small pages the text is broken up terribly and makes for a very awkward read! I feel I must be doing something terribly wrong, I don't understand the calibre software completely but is it this hard? After 20+ conversion attempts playing with different settings I honestly have no idea what is going on...any help would be amazing.

Thanks.
rob91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:18 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Moderator Notice
Moved to conversion subforum.

I believe PDF page and text size depend on the output profile you select during conversion. You may want to try some different ones, especially those for larger screen readers.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote