Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-12-2012, 01:33 AM   #1
vpredoehl
vpredoehl began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Djvu Support

When I try to convert my DjVU books to ePub, all I get is the cover. I installed the DjVU plugin available in preferences -> Plugins, but it doesn't seem to do anything. I can't open DjVU files either.

What else can I do to get DjVU books to work with calibre?
vpredoehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre only supports text based djvu files, these are typically created by scanner+OCR programs.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #3
vpredoehl

ok, thanks for letting me know. BTW, calibre rocks!! Good job!!

I found djvulibre, which has a suite of tools for manipulating DjVU files. Since I have a bunch of them, I would appreciate if someone who knows how to use these can explain how to convert a DjVU into something that will translate to an epub.

Thanks!!
Old 02-12-2012, 10:06 PM   #4
vpredoehl

I can convert djvu to xml. Does calibre support xml -> epub? I'm looking, but don't see it.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:51 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No you need to convert the djvu to html
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote