Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #1
mst
Connoisseur
mst began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Sort by last name, first name

Hi, in my library I am using the first name last name naming convention for authors (e.g., "Mark Twain"), and my library folder is also built this way. How can I change just the display field "author" in calibre to last name, first name ("Twain, Mark"), without affecting how the folder structure is organized? I saw there is a tweak, but before I apply it and reconfigure my whole library by accident, I wanted to ask if someone can walk me throuhg the process.
Many thanks!
mst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:28 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mst View Post
Hi, in my library I am using the first name last name naming convention for authors (e.g., "Mark Twain"), and my library folder is also built this way. How can I change just the display field "author" in calibre to last name, first name ("Twain, Mark"), without affecting how the folder structure is organized? I saw there is a tweak, but before I apply it and reconfigure my whole library by accident, I wanted to ask if someone can walk me throuhg the process.
Many thanks!
You care less what the folder structure is. That is Calibres problem to manage.
MOST users have ZERO need to go to the folder.

Send to Device or Save to Disk will place the selected titles at the destination of these with naming controlled by the template or plugboard.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert