Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-10-2011, 01:48 PM   #31
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Transformer Prime (Sold: Nook, Kindle 3, Nook Color, Nook STR)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Well if it's not, I'll be one of the first to sell it after I give a lengthy rant. .
I would have to castigate you VERY heavily if it were any other way.
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:14 PM   #32
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
Thing is, the guys rooting make SD cards now that you just slam in the slot and you're done. Nothing techie about it.
Until something stops working, like Google Market recently did for rooted Nook Color users. Then you do need techie support.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2011, 03:20 PM   #33
Grimm
DRM killer
Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Grimm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ASUS Transformer Prime (Sold: Nook, Kindle 3, Nook Color, Nook STR)
That is hardly restricted to just rooted users. All tech devices have issues at some point. I will say this, the guys who root tend to get issues fixed VERY quickly. And it is perfectly simple to return your device to stock. In some cases, just take the SD card out. Plain and simple.
Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:50 PM   #34
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimm View Post
Thing is, the guys rooting make SD cards now that you just slam in the slot and you're done. Nothing techie about it.

But what you said goes back to something else someone said before, people have already decided the Fire is going to be perfect, yet they demand no one make a statement about how good the Nook Tablet will be because no one has any user experience with it yet. Well, no one does with the Fire either. Hell, I think they'll both be great but I really don't like the double standard.
I think the nook tablet looks great too. I'm already invested & like the amazon ecosystem. That's why I went with the fire. Already a kindle user. I have bought books from B&N before for my iPad & just didn't like the experience. Plus as I said I have my music & prime membership that I love about amazon.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:40 PM   #35
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
I think the nook tablet looks great too. I'm already invested & like the amazon ecosystem. That's why I went with the fire. Already a kindle user. I have bought books from B&N before for my iPad & just didn't like the experience. Plus as I said I have my music & prime membership that I love about amazon.
I have a Kindle and Prime. I like Amazon's ecosystem and use it on my Nook Color and HP TouchPad. I'm able to stream Prime Video to both devices via the browser. I'm upgrading to the Nook Tablet and will continue to use Amazon's ecosystem on it, along with B&N's ecosystem and Google's ecosystem. The best of all worlds.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2011, 04:04 PM   #36
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by covfam View Post
Amazon has announced what apps the kindle fire will release with as reported here http://www.slashgear.com/amazon-read...more-09194249/

Looks like Kindle fire users wont be stuck with just Amazons conent!
Looks like the Fire added Hulu Plus and ESPN ScoreCenter as well.

Both the Nook and the Fire are totally loaded up with media options now!
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:23 PM   #37
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk;1828476...

Both the Nook and the Fire are totally loaded up with media options now!
It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:29 PM   #38
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!
I can just see Christmas Day-everyone sitting quietly, streaming videos and TV shows by the fire
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:18 PM   #39
LoganK
Groupie
LoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notesLoganK can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505,nook,Nook Color,Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
I can just see Christmas Day-everyone sitting quietly, streaming videos and TV shows by the fire
I'll be streaming by my Nook Tablet. *rimshot*

Amazon already has a fireplace app. Your move B&N.
LoganK is offline   Reply With Quote