Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-10-2013, 03:55 AM   #1
rafikiphoto
rafikiphoto began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablet
Conversion not working any more....

I use Calibre to convert my kindle books and Adobe epub books. All has worked flawlessly for a couple of years. However, just recently I have followed the exact same procedure as before but I am getting error messages that the books are DRM protected and can't be converted. Is the procedure no longer valid? I have the latest 64 bit Calibre and the latest Tools. I have removed and reinstalled Calibre and the Tools to no avail. I have tried running each plugin on its own again without success.

What am I doing wrong?
rafikiphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:50 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafikiphoto View Post
All has worked flawlessly for a couple of years. However, just recently I have followed the exact same procedure as before but I am getting error messages that the books are DRM protected and can't be converted. Is the procedure no longer valid? I have the latest 64 bit Calibre and the latest Tools.
Two things come to mind when reading your post.

1. We can not provide detailed instructions on DRM removal in MobileRead forums. As such, you will have to ask for help on this topic wherever you obtained the latest "tools."

2. If you manage to get beyond the DRM problem and still have difficulty there is a sticky post at the top this forum that explains the information you need to provide to receive help in solving your conversion problems.

Good Luck.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert