Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-03-2009, 09:39 AM   #1
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Crazy dreams......

I dream vividly every night, what *seems* to be all night, except for most of the night when I can't sleep.

I used to have lucid dreams, which I could control for about 2 minutes. They were the best. After trying a series of anti-depressants several years back, ironically to help me sleep, one of the side-effects was losing the lucid dream ability. (I should call someone and report that as a legitimate side-effect.)

The last dream of last night:

I was driving our relatively new truck over a bridge on the wrong side of the road. The road got narrower and narrower until there was no road left and I ended up wedging the truck between 2 concrete dividers.

I got out of the truck and went to a bar that had an open air ceiling. The bar was in Hawaii. (GraceKrispy's influence?).

I go back to the bridge to find out if my truck is damaged and find it has been towed away to an impound at (*approx) 32,547 Street and 920,522 Avenue in Surrey, our neighbouring municipality.

Disheartened, I go back to the bar and stand there with a drink. A waitress carrying beer (Ravenne, even though I know she's not a waitress and have never met her) tells me that my father is on the phone and is angry about my accident with the truck. It doesn't dawn on me that my dad has been dead for 20 years.

After taking sh*t from my dad on the phone I then realize it is a *live* call-in radio program, and it is actually all of the drivers who were trapped on the bridge due to my accident that are calling in and giving me the sh*t.

I go back to the bar and am suddenly naked. I am trying to cover my...embarassment when a policeman approaches and asked "are you the one?" and I say "yes" and he hands me a stack of traffic violations worth thousands of dollars.

I'm left standing there naked, wondering what am I going to do...then I wake up and decide I've had enough sleep for the night. That was at 5:00 AM this morning.

This is a typical dream for me. pshrynk, am I crazy or is this just a typical dream that anyone might have? (not really asking for free dream analysis nor do I have $300.

Anybody else want to reveal their Crazy Dreams?
(I believe I read a recent dream of RM's)

WDE. (WildDreamsExtreme)
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:50 AM   #2
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Get over it.

I'll give you a one time discount to $295, just because I like your face. You can pay the laddy at the door.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2009, 09:54 AM   #3
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Get over it.
He tried, but the bridge got too narrow.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:55 AM   #4
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
He tried, but the bridge got too narrow.

Cheers,
Marc
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:15 PM   #5
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
What kind of truck was it?

Do you remember any other details about the bridge?

Was the bridge over water or land?

What clothes were you wearing before you were naked?

My initial take is that you've been spending too much time on MobileRead. You probably had just exited a nightmare about Marc's avatar and momentarily entered his consciousness. This would explain the driving on the wrong side of the road and hanging around the bar naked. The fact that you were embarrassed about the nudity indicates that you were not fully merged but were merely observing.

My recommendation is for you to take the day off, go to Wreck Beach and get in touch with your inner gibbon.

Or you can take the professional advise but mine is free (and worth every penny).
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2009, 12:44 PM   #6
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Yeah, I posted about my recent dream.

Mine aren't so much lucid, since I don't control the dream, but they certainly are cinematic. It's almost always a movie in my head with a very logical plot and starring the people you always see in the movies (the one I posted about had Joaquin Phoenix and Natalie Portman in the lead roles).

I've never had much luck with people trying to interpret my dreams, since they don't usually have much in the way of symbolism (unless driving over a bridge is always symbolic of something even if it's Natalie Portman doing the driving and it's during a high speed chase and I'm just locked in the trunk of the car because she's afraid I'm going to give up the details of the plot to Joaquin).

RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:43 PM   #7
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
whooooboy! I've been having some doozies lately! they have all been erotica, but, how to say this... not very nice erotica, kind of like Marquis De Sade sort of stuff and I am NOT and never have been even remotely interested in that end of it. these have been extremely bizarre and VERY realistic!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:46 PM   #8
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
whooooboy! I've been having some doozies lately! they have all been erotica, but, how to say this... not very nice erotica, kind of like Marquis De Sade sort of stuff and I am NOT and never have been even remotely interested in that end of it. these have been extremely bizarre and VERY realistic!

see, that's what happens to those who work with frick & frack ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:50 PM   #9
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
yeah I have been wondering how much of an influence they may have been. I've always been in this very male dominated field and never had any dream like this. neither one of them are at all attractive to me, indeed verging on the repulsive. I wonder if it is because I AM with/around them every day and have very little other male, human contact, if my psyche is freaking out and warning me that I need to make other contacts? or something?
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:01 PM   #10
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
I get premonitions and deja vu dreams. When the following day progresses I recognize the dreams.

The worst dreams are of working and working and working and then waking up tired. Thank God fer coffee!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:18 PM   #11
fugazied
Wizard
fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.fugazied once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch
I WISH I had more lucid dreams. I've only ever had a couple, and let me say, one involved a certain young lady and ... ahem... Anyway lucid dreams are awesome.
fugazied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:20 PM   #12
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I discovered lucid dreaming not long after my mum warned me I would likely start getting nightmares as I went through puberty. It's an ability I've never lost, even on anti depressants. It's not something I do all that often though, as I prefer to see where my dreams go.

I can still remember parts of last night's dream... it was set in a burlesque club which, for some reason, also kept miniature penguins. Following a change of ownership, they had started an illegal miniature-penguin smuggling ring. So some people went to work undercover at the club to find out what was going on and stop it. And by undercover, I mean they went undercover as miniature penguins. They simply put on a badly made, ill shaped dry suit and suddenly looked like a very realistic miniature penguin. Through various hijinks, near-discoveries and misunderstandings it transpired that there were only two people who were actually involved in the smuggling and everyone else (and there was an awful lot of people working there) was either trying to stop it or find out what was going on. And I've related this in the third person as I had no fixed role in it - although I do remember being both an undercover penguin and a real one... (I'm very rarely me in my dreams. I'm not always female in them, either)
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:21 PM   #13
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisk View Post
yeah I have been wondering how much of an influence they may have been. I've always been in this very male dominated field and never had any dream like this. neither one of them are at all attractive to me, indeed verging on the repulsive. I wonder if it is because I AM with/around them every day and have very little other male, human contact, if my psyche is freaking out and warning me that I need to make other contacts? or something?
Or, if you were on the giving end, maybe your mind is acting out some of what you'd like to do to them, but in a non-erotic way?
Old 06-03-2009, 08:37 PM   #14
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I discovered lucid dreaming not long after my mum warned me I would likely start getting nightmares as I went through puberty. It's an ability I've never lost, even on anti depressants. It's not something I do all that often though, as I prefer to see where my dreams go.

I can still remember parts of last night's dream... it was set in a burlesque club which, for some reason, also kept miniature penguins. Following a change of ownership, they had started an illegal miniature-penguin smuggling ring. So some people went to work undercover at the club to find out what was going on and stop it. And by undercover, I mean they went undercover as miniature penguins. They simply put on a badly made, ill shaped dry suit and suddenly looked like a very realistic miniature penguin. Through various hijinks, near-discoveries and misunderstandings it transpired that there were only two people who were actually involved in the smuggling and everyone else (and there was an awful lot of people working there) was either trying to stop it or find out what was going on. And I've related this in the third person as I had no fixed role in it - although I do remember being both an undercover penguin and a real one... (I'm very rarely me in my dreams. I'm not always female in them, either)
Did you have a conversation with PilotBob before logging off yesterday?
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:39 PM   #15
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Did you have a conversation with PilotBob before logging off yesterday?
Are you suggesting BOb works in a burlesque club???