Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 12-30-2007, 10:36 PM   #1
giedre
Connoisseur
giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Sony 500,505, Kindle, 1150
Do I understand this correctly?

Still trying to get to know the ins and out of my eb1150. I have a smart media card, but I can't load any books on it while it's in the reader, is that right? My smart media card reader should be here any day so I'm hoping it's not the card itself. Number two, with books I'll eventually load on the smart media card, I can't access the books that are in main memory? I just thought that was kind of odd. Number three, when I have the GEB librarian open, I don't see any of the books in it that I have bought...I guess I thought they just would show up in there? I'm sorry for being such a newbie with all this. I do love the eb1150 because of it's backlight.
giedre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:26 AM   #2
Goshzilla
Zealot
Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket Ebook 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by giedre View Post
Still trying to get to know the ins and out of my eb1150. I have a smart media card, but I can't load any books on it while it's in the reader, is that right? My smart media card reader should be here any day so I'm hoping it's not the card itself. Number two, with books I'll eventually load on the smart media card, I can't access the books that are in main memory? I just thought that was kind of odd. Number three, when I have the GEB librarian open, I don't see any of the books in it that I have bought...I guess I thought they just would show up in there? I'm sorry for being such a newbie with all this. I do love the eb1150 because of it's backlight.
1.) You can download books to the memory card if you have the usb drivers installed on your computer.

2.) Yes, you can't have books on main memory and on the card and be able to access them at the same time.

3.) Not familiar with GEB Librarian(an external program?), if you purchased books through the device, you would have to upload them using your ebook reader, if GEB Librarian is an external program, then it can't upload the books you purchased from Bookwise.
Goshzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2007, 08:54 AM   #3
kjn24
Enthusiast
kjn24 began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise
When I was working out the bugs with the bookwise, I 'bought' one of the free books from ebookwise - I got the Iraq Study Group report - and I played with it. The librarian and I had several issues, but the were all solved when I got the smart card reader. For me, that seemed to be the key and I've had no problems with anything since then.
Good luck and hang in there - it's all worth it!
Kathy
kjn24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:06 AM   #4
giedre
Connoisseur
giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.giedre is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Sony 500,505, Kindle, 1150
Thank you both for answering. As I play with my ebook reader, I am slowly figuring things out. Seems that you don't even need a card reader? I just popped my card in and went online through the book and was able to download a bunch of books that I had bought. My mistake was to think that everything that was on ebookwise bookshelf would show up in the GEB Librarian.
giedre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:46 PM   #5
Jadon
Hermit
Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Glo
Librarian is in fact designed to block the eBookwise bookshelf. When you run it, plugging in the unit's USB cable connects to it, rather than going to the eBookwise site. It's how you load books without ever having to use the site.
Jadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert