Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

View Poll Results: Which new e-reader appeals to you the most?
Sony Reader 56 53.85%
iRex Iliad 26 25.00%
Jinke Hanlin 9 8.65%
Undecided 12 11.54%
Dedicated e-book readers don't appeal to me. 1 0.96%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2006, 05:15 PM   #16
Leaping Gnome
Evangelist
Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Leaping Gnome once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Yeah, you can either have the Connect software do it on the PC, or the Reader do it the first time it opens them. The advantage to the Connect software is you can preview the look and it saves you time because you don't have to wait for the Reader to do it the first time you open the file, but it will work both ways.
Leaping Gnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 06:05 PM   #17
Jack B Nimble
Groupie
Jack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enoughJack B Nimble will become famous soon enough

Device: Tapwave Zodiac, eBookwise 1150
Thanks for the correction! Like I said, at least that puts the Sony on par with the Jinke.

Jack
Jack B Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2006, 02:52 PM   #18
stelpas
stelpas began at the beginning.

Hi.Iam from Greece.My english is poor but i will try to describe you the situation.

I ordered the IREX 3 months ago.When i received it i realised technical problems.I couldnt turn on the device from the switch on/off button but only from the...reset button.Also when i charged the battery and i turned of the irex, when i turned on it again after 4-5h was empty(the battery).

I send a video to the company and they accepted that the device had problems because of them.They told me that they will send me a replacement.

I received 2 days before the replacement.Almost the same problems.Now the device is turning on no from the switch on/off button but only(automatically)when i conect the device to the socket.The battery is full.

I report again to them about it.Nobody(2 days now)answer me.I am not gonna lose 686euro.My loyer is ready.But i am surprised from the company's behaviour.

My apologises for my english
stelpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:09 PM   #19
awake
awake began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is Kindle not considered an e-reader?

Why wasn't Kindle included as one of your choices?
awake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:14 PM   #20
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by awake View Post
Because someone has resurrected a thread from 2006.
the Kindle didn't exist then.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2009, 07:15 PM   #21
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Because the poll was started over a year before the Kindle was announced?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:21 PM   #22
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Quote:
Probably for the same reason the Cybook wasn't included.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:44 PM   #23
Jill75
Zealot
Jill75 doesn't litterJill75 doesn't litter

Device: none
From all the thread that I have read, I thought the Sony is still by far cheap in its price and far more versatile in the format of ebooks it can accomodate?
Jill75 is offline   Reply With Quote