Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-13-2023, 09:51 PM   #1
Spiwocoal
Spiwocoal began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (10th Gen)
Question Remotely transfer content from Android device to Kindle

Hello,
Is there some tool that allows me to remotely transfer content stored in an Android device to my Kindle (specifically, a PW4).
A couple of times I've been in a situation where I don't have my Calibre library on hand, but I have some book on my phone which I've wanted to transfer to my reader.
For PDFs, I've just created a WiFi hotspot from my phone, started a SSH server on my Kindle and transferred the file with scp, but for ebooks it's not that simple as I'd have to convert the file, export the metadata in some way, etc...
Besides, this is quite a cumbersome process, so I try to do it as little as possible.
So... Is there something that could help me here or am I just out of luck?
Spiwocoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 10:10 PM   #2
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
Assuming you have the Kindle app installed on your Android device, this is pretty simple:

Using the "Files" app , find the book you want to transfer, select it and hit the "share" icon.
Then select the "Kindle" icon. This will give you the option to choose which Kindle of yours to send it to.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
homebrew, kual, pw4, transfer books