Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #1
kksdragons
Bibliophile
kksdragons began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad
Exclamation (Re)Import tweaks and preferences?

I recently did a portable install on a flash drive and everything was working fine. I have numerous tweaks, custom fields, etc.

Figuring to make a copy of the whole thing for my sister, I did a straight copy/paste to a second flash drive. When I went in to open Calibre, it came up totally blank like a new install with no data--on BOTH drives!

I was able to re-import my libraries but how do I get all my settings, tweaks, and custom columns back?? I figure it has something to do with the drive letters but don't see what in the bat file.

Should add that I don't use the bat file to start Calibre portable... never did get that working right so I use the exe file.

Sure hope I don't have to start from scratch!

Thanks for any help you guys (and gals) may have for me!
kksdragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:59 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
In a portable install, the settings are placed in the "Calibre Settings" folder. which must be in the same directory as calibre-portable.exe. Simplilarly the library is in the "Calibre Library" folder which must be in the same fodler as calibre-portable.exe.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert