Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-15-2011, 03:36 AM   #751
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
As described on the official site of the duokan lite( goo.gl/xN5iZ (translated) )now it has pdf support for the version: Lite0717.644.1006.rtm (2011.07.16)

Quote:
This week update:

New features:

Added support for PDF format.
Added support for compressed package in support of the PDF file.
Added support for multi-language menu, the menu is currently in English only, other languages, users can add their own.
Supports user-replaceable fonts.

Last edited by thomass; 07-21-2011 at 09:51 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 10:11 PM   #752
slyr114
slyr114 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
can someone please help me? i cant even get Duokan to install, i keep getting error on update! https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=142752
slyr114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2011, 05:33 PM   #753
ottima
ottima began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Just installed version:Lite0709.616.948.rtm, but duokan lite doesn't show any of "documents" directory's files other then "my clippings".

What am I doing wrong? What should I do to read pdf files?
Should I put my PDFs in a different directory?

Thank you for any help and thanks to darkofday for translating menu even if it seams a bit different in this version.

I forgot to mention this is a Kindle3 version3.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
As described on the official site of the duokan lite( tinyurl.com/duokanlite (translated) )now it has pdf support for the version:Lite0709.616.948.rtm(2011.07.09 )
UPDATE:I installed the new version Lite0717.644.1006.rtm (2011.07.16) and now I can read PDFs and Kindle's "documents" content, but it doesn't seam possible to resize the pdf page as for now.

Last edited by ottima; 07-17-2011 at 08:33 AM.
ottima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:09 AM   #754
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottima View Post
UPDATE:I installed the new version Lite0717.644.1006.rtm (2011.07.16) and now I can read PDFs and Kindle's "documents" content, but it doesn't seam possible to resize the pdf page as for now.
Sorry, I wrote the version wrong by mistake, as you wrote pdf support starts from Lite717.

Last edited by thomass; 07-17-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:10 PM   #755
ottima

Thank you thomass, Now I only wish to know how to get the English menu! Any idea?
Advert
Old 07-18-2011, 08:38 AM   #756
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Thank you thomass, Now I only wish to know how to get the English menu! Any idea?
I haven't installed it yet. I'll wait until it gets features like Duokan. But on this site they give an instruction with an attached document " Multi-lingual instructions" (多国语言的使用说明.docx) as follows:

Quote:
(by google translator)
Special Note: The user can install other language versions, as follows:
1. (replace) the Chinese part of the text chinese.txt in accordance with other languages ​​to be translated.
2. name chinese.txt text into the language you want to add name. For example, you want to add the Japanese version,name the text into Japanese.txt. (The text name to use English or in the system settings display is garbled).
3. translated file should be placed on DK_System \ Lite \ res \ language . (Note: users need to create language folder)

特别说明:用户可自行安装其他语言版本,具体方法如下:
1 把文本chinese.txt中的中文部分按照其他语言进行翻译。
2将chinese.txt的文本名改成您想要添加的语言名。 例如您想添加日语版本,将文本名改成Japanese.txt。( 这个文本名要用英文 否则在系统设置中显示是乱码)。
3将翻译好的文本放在DK_System\Lite\res\language下即可。(注意:langu age文件夹需用户自行建立)
Apparently, we need the chinese.txt file

edit: They updated the upgrade file to include this file

Quote:
Added support for multi-language menu, the menu is currently in English only
However, there should be English support by default.You can translate the system settings page by Abby screenshot reader and google translator to find the setting related with language
Attached Files
File Type: txt Chinese.txt (8.6 KB, 566 views)

Last edited by thomass; 07-18-2011 at 03:03 PM.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:17 PM   #757
ottima

Thank you again and again thomass. I expected to find the English menu, but I coudn't. I studied Chinese but obvusely too many years ago. I'll try again with your help.
BTW waiting "until it gets features like Duokan" is not a bad idea at all.

I'm interested in the full PDF support like in the original Duokan, and it would be perfect when the Duokan Lite will be ready for fw3.2.1 as I think someone promised in duokan.com forum.

Let's see...
Old 07-18-2011, 05:38 PM   #758
thomass
Wizard

If you send a clear photo of settings page of Dlite, I may figure out the config. you can get access to this page by pressing menu button, then "S" as described on the attachment.
Click image for larger version

Name:	main page.jpg
Views:	625
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	74554

BTW:
Quote:
I installed the new version Lite0717.644.1006.rtm (2011.07.16) and now I can read PDFs and Kindle's "documents" content, but it doesn't seam possible to resize the pdf page as for now.
Now it has zoom function: (they haven't released the update yet)
Quote:
(goo.gl/xN5iZ) This week update:
New features:
PDF documents support zoom function.
Support TXT document to extract sections of smart article directory name as the function.
Upgraded to support WIFI network to update the function.

Improvements:
Optimize the UE / UI design.

Fix the problem:
Fixed the "book information" screen, click "read the book" or "Add tag" or "delete tab" caused crash problem.
JPG format images can not be repaired properly displayed.
Fixed user-installed fonts to be restarted in order to display the name of the font and font can not be properly displayed.

edit: They released the update Lite0723.674.1050 (2011.07.23 )

Last edited by thomass; 07-23-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:28 PM   #759
ottima

Sorry for reading your reply only today. The new version should be just few moments away, let's see what this PDF zoom looks like.

As for the English menu I believe I really cannot see any English option. If you don't mind I'll send pictures if I'll not find it in the new version as well.

Once the PDF zoom/trim function will be working on Duokan Lite, I hope they will develop a KSO 3.2.1 version as well, but I understand this is not for tomorrow.

Quote:
If you send a clear photo of settings page of Dlite, I may figure out the config. .

BTW:

Now it has zoom function: (they haven't released the update yet)
Old 07-22-2011, 03:29 PM   #760
ottima

Sorry for posting twice

Last edited by ottima; 07-24-2011 at 09:53 AM.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:13 PM   #761
ottima

Just installed new version Lite0723.674.1050 (2011.07.23) on K3 3.1

Here's the menu:

Name:	menu1.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	74754

Name:	menu2.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	74755

Name:	menu3.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	74756

PDF zoom works fine, but I still cannot figure out where's English menu, so I think I must do an English.txt file by myself and then place it in DK_System \ Lite \ res \ language. I'll modify the Chinese.txt file you Thomass so kindly posted and it should work.
Thanks again

Last edited by ottima; 07-23-2011 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:45 AM   #762
thomass
Wizard

As you said there is not any config related with language on settings page.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	menu.png
Views:	538
Size:	304.6 KB
ID:	74764  
Old 07-24-2011, 07:56 AM   #763
ottima

Quote:
As you said there is not any config related with language on settings page.
Yes, that's true but only untill you create the DK_System \ Lite \ res \ language folder and place there the English.txt file.

At that moment a new option appears at the very end of the third page menu.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:11 AM   #764
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Yes, that's true but only untill you create the DK_System \ Lite \ res \ language folder and place there the English.txt file.

At that moment a new option appears at the very end of the third page menu.
Then problem is solved

Could you share your English.txt, if it is OK

(I created one by cloning the text in the Chinese.txt. (therefore it is not good enough))
Attached Files
File Type: txt English.txt (9.4 KB, 528 views)

Last edited by thomass; 07-24-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:01 AM   #765
ottima

Quote:
Could you share your English.txt, if it is OK

(I created one by cloning the text in the Chinese.txt. (therefore it is not good enough))
Believe me, yours is much better them mine. I decided to translate it in
Italian, sooner or later someone will do a better job then I would in English.