Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 12-03-2014, 01:31 PM   #1
newbiecalibre
newbiecalibre began at the beginning.

Device: iphone/android
ePub 2 or 3?

Hello,

I have searched the Calibre site and the archives here, haven't seen this answer yet...

I read on another site that Calibre converts to ePub 2.0. However, that was an older blog post. Does it now convert to ePub version 3?

Thanks so much!
newbiecalibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 01:44 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiecalibre View Post
Hello,

I have searched the Calibre site and the archives here, haven't seen this answer yet...

I read on another site that Calibre converts to ePub 2.0. However, that was an older blog post. Does it now convert to ePub version 3?

Thanks so much!
NO
It will leave EPUB3 sources as is when using the editor.

No need to convert. The device will(supposed to ) read EPUB2 just fine.
Conversion can't ADD EPUB3 type content
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 01:50 PM   #3
newbiecalibre
newbiecalibre began at the beginning.

Device: iphone/android
It actually isn't device why I ask It is actually for accessibility reasons. The ePub 3 doesn't mess with things like tables, etc. as much as ePub 2...it can be a real problem if one uses a screen reader to 'read' the file. I wish I could use ePub 2, because this product is great...but I don't think I can. I need to do more testing to confirm this though, so maybe ePub 2 will be okay in the end.

Thanks!
newbiecalibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:51 PM   #4
explorabeth
explorabeth began at the beginning.

Device: none
@newbiecalibre

I also need to convert to EPUB3 for accessibility reasons- on a mass scale.
Did you ever find a solution to your needs? I have been combing the internet and have found no useful tools as of yet to improve my workflow. Would love to hear what you're doing.
explorabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 06:08 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@explorabeth - I and other's have answered this in your post in the Sigil Epub3itizer plugin thread.

Moderator Notice

Please don't post the same thing in multiple forums - and please read the Guidelines, there's a link at bottom the page

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, epub, version