Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-18-2005, 06:30 AM   #1
shalmaneser
shalmaneser began at the beginning.

Device: Acer Travelmate C112TCi
Hello!

Nice to meet you all. Wish I'd found this site a long time ago - I did a project on eBooks for one of my MA modules, and this would have been very helpful. You can see the site (please excuse its bare-bones nature; it was my first attempt at web design) at my homepage:

http://freespace.virgin.net/alexander.boden

It works best in Firefox.

Looking forward to finding my way around the forums.

All the best,

Alex
shalmaneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 07:33 AM   #2
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Alex, welcome at Mobileread!

I've been browsing through your project "eBooks: The Future of Reading" and I especially like your final thoughts: In the immediate future, we can see that public uptake of mobile technology will drive the publishing and media industries towards producing platform-agnostic content for portable devices. This will be facilitated by the arrival of new technologies such as ePaper and eInk

I hope you are right! Everything (like Amazon's recent purchase of Mobipocket stocks) looks like we are heading towards this direction.
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 07:49 AM   #3
shalmaneser
shalmaneser began at the beginning.

Device: Acer Travelmate C112TCi
Thanks for the kudos, Morpheus.

I am utterly convinced that the future of reading is mobile. Let's hope that DRM doesn't slow that process down too much.

Alex
shalmaneser is offline   Reply With Quote