Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-26-2010, 01:48 PM   #1
deniell
deniell began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2i
Question Kindle 3 and Calibre

Just got my Kindle 3G an hour or so ago, and I've noticed that Calibre isn't recognizing it. I'm guessing that we need a new Device Interface plugin for the K3? Any idea how long it will take for that to be added in?

Also wondering if we might see Calibre connecting to the K3 wirelessly. That would be an awesome feature if it can be done.
deniell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 01:51 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can connect a Kindle 2 to calibre wirelessly as well. I'm sure the Kindle 3 will also work in the same way. As for detection, post the information asked for here:

http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...pported-in-app
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 01:56 PM   #3
deniell
deniell began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2i
# What e-book formats does your device support?
Same as other Kindles: .azw, .mobi, .tpz, .pdf

# Is there a special directory on the device in which all e-book files should be placed?
Same as other Kindles: /documents

# Output from Debug device detection:
Version: 0.7.15
USB devices on system:
[u'usb\\root_hub&vid8086&pid27cb&rev0001',
u'usb\\root_hub&vid8086&pid27ca&rev0001',
u'usb\\root_hub&vid8086&pid27c9&rev0001',
u'usb\\root_hub&vid8086&pid27c8&rev0001',
u'usb\\root_hub20&vid8086&pid27cc&rev0001',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c22a&rev_0100',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c22a&rev_0100&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c22a&rev_0100&mi_01',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c22b&rev_0100',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c22b&rev_0100&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_046d&pid_c22b&rev_0100&mi_01',
u'usb\\vid_05e3&pid_0607&rev_0801',
u'usb\\vid_1532&pid_0012&rev_0100',
u'usb\\vid_1949&pid_0004&rev_0100']
Drives detected:
(0) E:\ ~ \\?\STORAGE#VOLUME#1&19F7E59C&0&_??_USBSTOR#DISK&V EN_KINDLE&PROD_INTERNAL_STORAGE&REV_0100#B006A0A00 334388E&0#{53F56307-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B}#{53F5630D-B6BF-11D0-94F2-00A0C91EFB8B}
Looking for ALEX
Looking for ANDROID
Looking for AVANT
Looking for AZBOOKA
Looking for BLACKBERRY
Looking for BOOQ
Looking for BOOX
Looking for COOL_ER
Looking for CYBOOK
Looking for DBOOK
Looking for E52
Looking for E71X
Looking for EB511
Looking for EB600
Looking for EBK52
Looking for ECLICTO
Looking for EDGE
Looking for ELONEX
Looking for ESLICK
Looking for FOLDER_DEVICE_FOR_CONFIG
Looking for GER2
Looking for HANLINV3
Looking for HANLINV5
Looking for ILIAD
Looking for INVESBOOK
Looking for IPAPYRUS
Looking for IREXDR1000
Looking for IREXDR800
Looking for IRIVER_STORY
Looking for ITALICA
Looking for ITUNES
Looking for JETBOOK
Looking for KINDLE
Looking for KINDLE2
Looking for KINDLE_DX
Looking for KOBO
Looking for KOGAN
Looking for MENTOR
Looking for MIBUK
Looking for N516
Looking for N770
Looking for N810
Looking for NEWSMY
Looking for NOOK
Looking for NUUT2
Looking for PALMPRE
Looking for PDNOVEL
Looking for POCKETBOOK301
Looking for POCKETBOOK360
Looking for PRS505
Looking for README
Looking for S60
Looking for SHINEBOOK
Looking for SNE
Looking for SPECTRA
Looking for SWEEX
Looking for TECLAST_K3
Looking for THEBOOK
Devices possibly connected: None

----------------------------------------

Thanks a bunch! Calibre is awesome and so are you!
deniell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 02:05 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Driver will be in next release which will likely be tomorrow or the day after.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:01 PM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
How nice that someone got a Kindle 3
Is it lovely
Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2010, 07:47 PM   #6
Zyzomys
Hooked on Phonics
Zyzomys began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Driver will be in next release which will likely be tomorrow or the day after.
Talk about great service! Hopefully Kindle 3 owners appreciate this and use the Donate feature also found in calibre.
Zyzomys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:02 AM   #7
Trickery
Pew Pew!
Trickery has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Trickery has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Trickery has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle v3
Neat!

You say we could transfer books, wireless. Do you mean the e-mail feature or is there some sort of server we could setup to do it through Wifi?

*goes to search the forums*
Trickery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:51 AM   #8
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickery View Post
Neat!

You say we could transfer books, wireless. Do you mean the e-mail feature or is there some sort of server we could setup to do it through Wifi?

*goes to search the forums*
Content Server:
http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...reading-device

I tried it on my K3 last night and it works well enough.
Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:23 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I just released 0.7.16 with the K3 driver. Test it and let me know (The release will be available on the servers in an hour)
Old 08-27-2010, 02:08 PM   #10
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
Content Server:
http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...reading-device

I tried it on my K3 last night and it works well enough.
Email works great too. In fact email is going to become VERY nice with the wifi kindle since the wifi version isn't charged any costs to receive emails.

Ive already got instapaper working and I am going to try a few more recipes soon.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:24 PM   #11
splat
Zealot
splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.splat has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I just released 0.7.16 with the K3 driver. Test it and let me know (The release will be available on the servers in an hour)
Works on OSX 10.6.
splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:34 PM   #12
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Tested and working perfectly fine on Vista. Thanks a ton for the fast update!

Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:35 PM   #13
vaughnmr
Ebook Reader
vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Evo, HTC View
I can't add books by clicking the "Add" button, unless I select books by directory. Something broke???
vaughnmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:06 PM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnmr View Post
I can't add books by clicking the "Add" button, unless I select books by directory. Something broke???
Works for me, what happens when you try to add books and on what OS are you? Are you trying to add ooks to the calibre library or the device directly?
Old 08-27-2010, 03:12 PM   #15
vaughnmr
Ebook Reader
vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vaughnmr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Evo, HTC View
Windows 7 64, I've been adding books some this morning to the library, and I stopped to upgrade to 7.16. Now when I click the add button, the screen blinks and nothing happens. I'll reboot, check again, and if that doesn't work, I'll go back to 7.15.
vaughnmr is offline   Reply With Quote