Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-21-2010, 06:03 PM   #1
swolf
swolf began at the beginning.

Device: none
My free stories

Hello, I'm an author who publishes on Smashwords, and since I'm new to self-publishing and trying to build a reader base, my titles are currently all free.

A word of warning though, most of my stories contain at least an element of erotica.

List of stories:

Opportunity (Appropriate for all ages)

The Gazelle (Adults only)
Review: "A brilliant read."

Eternal (Adults only)
Reviews: "4.8 stars. Thoroughly enjoyed this story. Not the traditional romance and the sexuality is totally appropriate to the context. Looking forward to reading more by this author." "A masterpiece combining eroticism and fantasy from the expert."

Erato (Adults only)

The Touch of Isis (Adults only)

Vampire Tanning (Adults only)
Reviews: "very erotic, yet funny and timely. Good read.", "Nice plot combining erotic fiction with the paranormal."

Amulet (Adults only)
Reviews: "A MUST READ, this book was full of unexpected twists, couldn't put it down until i was finished." "Amulet is a MUST read! The characters are well written, especially the main character, Jason. The author did an excellent job of creating an erotic thriller that is both sexy and stimulating." "Good plot. Well written." "this is an interesting young adult eye opener about true love and even showed the difference between mere sex and making love.It was enjoyable and well worth the read. "

(Amulet is close to breaking into the top 100 downloaded ebooks of all time on Smashwords, despite just being published just over a month ago.)

On the way: Amulet 2

Hope you enjoy the stories, and I love to see the reviews from readers, both positive and critical.

Thanks,

Shawn
swolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:48 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Hello, swolf, and welcome to MobileRead.

Please look around at all the many Forums and feel free to join in on any discussions. Our Posting Guidelines are located at the top of every page.

HAVE FUN!

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 07:55 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I just read your story, "The Touch of Isis," and thoroughly enjoyed it.

VERY, VERY POSITIVE:

I think your writing is first rate, and would love to read (translate that into "Purchase") a novel from you.

Your dialogue is mainly very, very good (to my ear).

Your writing flows and the story moves along very briskly.

HELPFUL CRITICAL COMMENTS:

I thought the plot line for the story needed more of a backstory for us to better understand the motivation from the characters. I see this story as affording an excellent "Introduction" to a novel.

I thought the time division at the end of the story to be very awkward and 'cutesy,' [and not really necessary], and that it watered down the body of the story.

Thank you for allowing me to read this.

I'm going to download the rest of your work just as soon as I finish my cup of coffee.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:08 PM   #4
swolf
swolf began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I just read your story, "The Touch of Isis," and thoroughly enjoyed it.

VERY, VERY POSITIVE:

I think your writing is first rate, and would love to read (translate that into "Purchase") a novel from you.

Your dialogue is mainly very, very good (to my ear).

Your writing flows and the story moves along very briskly.
Thank you. It's nice to hear comments like this.

Quote:
HELPFUL CRITICAL COMMENTS:

I thought the plot line for the story needed more of a backstory for us to better understand the motivation from the characters. I see this story as affording an excellent "Introduction" to a novel.

I thought the time division at the end of the story to be very awkward and 'cutesy,' [and not really necessary], and that it watered down the body of the story.
It's even nicer to hear comments like this. I really do appreciate constructive criticism.

A word of explanation about the length. This story was written as a submission to a writing contest, and the constraint was 5000 words. I'm a bit reluctant to change it while the contest is still going on (until the end of August), but after that I may revisit it and flesh it out. You're not the first to point out its lack of backstory. I'd post the link to the contest, but I'm not sure it's appropriate here. (An adult toy website - a google search on the title will get you there)

And I do tend to have endings like this. I was raised on a lot of Twilight Zone and O. Henry, so the late plot twist is something I go for. But I'll keep your thoughts in mind when I revisit the story.

Quote:
Thank you for allowing me to read this.

I'm going to download the rest of your work just as soon as I finish my cup of coffee.

Don
Nice! I appreciate it.
swolf is offline   Reply With Quote