Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
scr212
scr212 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo ereader
Downloading kepub to ADE

I tried downloading a book from Kobo to ADE and received this message. E_LIC_LICENSE_SIGN_ERROR. Has anybody else experienced this, and if so, any solutions?
scr212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #2
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
I got that one too just last night on a book I bought. I sent an email to Kobo to see what's going on.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #3
mycurlylocks
Addict
mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I'm finding messages like these all over the place. I experienced the same problem. I called Kobo this morning and was told to download the book to my Kobo desktop and then move it to my Kobo reader. Well... what if I don't have a Kobo reader? Anyway, I tried to explain that it's more than likely they aren't connecting to the Adobe licensing server. Next I was told it was a problem with ADE, to re-install. I'm not stupid ADE works every where else. So hopefully someone at Kobo will figure it out. I'd hate to have to buy the book again.

Customer support sent me an email with a link to Adobe digital help. Told me I could re-open the problem if it's not solved in 10 days. Not happy

Last edited by mycurlylocks; 09-11-2012 at 12:09 PM.
mycurlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #4
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycurlylocks View Post
I'm finding messages like these all over the place. I experienced the same problem. I called Kobo this morning and was told to download the book to my Kobo desktop and then move it to my Kobo reader. Well... what if I don't have a Kobo reader? Anyway, I tried to explain that it's more than likely they aren't connecting to the Adobe licensing server. Next I was told it was a problem with ADE, to re-install. I'm not stupid ADE works every where else. So hopefully someone at Kobo will figure it out. I'd hate to have to buy the book again.

Customer support sent me an email with a link to Adobe digital help. Told me I could re-open the problem if it's not solved in 10 days. Not happy
Hmmm. If I run into that problem with a purchase from Kobo, I'm liable to mark them off my buy list...for good. I hope they get that fixed promptly.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #5
mycurlylocks
Addict
mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
They must have figured it out, I can download my book to ADE. I know any company can have problems, they just need to get more info to the representatives answering the phones. They're the ones catching the heat.
mycurlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-12-2012, 05:48 AM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I don't know what happened yesterday, but in the past, that has been an issue with the Adobe servers, not a Kobo issue.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:29 AM   #7
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Works again for me too. Server issues more than likely on some end.
Old 09-12-2012, 09:58 AM   #8
scr212
scr212 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo ereader
It is working again for me as well. Thanks to all for your support. I'm curious, how often does this happen?
scr212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:14 AM   #9
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Adobe is a bit screwy today. I could not download ADE to use on another machine this AM and I am getting the error message when I attempt to download an ePUB NOT purchased from Kobo.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:37 AM   #10
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
Getting the same on a book just bought from Google, will try again later (only want the download as a backup)
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #11
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Just borrowed a book from Toronto Public Library and had no issues with the ADE download.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #12
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

just tested on a library book and that worked fine
Old 09-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #13
RareBird
Addict

I got an email from Kobo earlier today saying they were aware of the issue and it's been resolved. They didn't say on which end the problem was occurring. I'm starting to to think it was on the Adobe side.
Old 09-12-2012, 02:00 PM   #14
paulsalter
Fanatic

my earlier issue has now been resolved, tried 5 mins ago and book downloaded fine
Old 10-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #15
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
Question

I'm having a similar problem this morning. I know it's not ADE, because I've just checked out books from several libraries with no problem. I get the error message:

Error getting license
Server communication problem: E_ADEPT_USER_AUTH

Any fix for this, other than e-mailing Kobo customer service and posting on their Get Satisfaction board (both of which I've already done.)

Thanks!
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote