Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 05-19-2011, 09:53 PM   #1
bizzybody
Addict
bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various PalmOS PDAs, Android Phones, Sharper Image Literati
Android, Kindle and MBP files

Just got a Samsung Epic with Android 2.2 and the first app I downloaded was Kindle.

Then I copied all my Mobi books over via the USB cable, along with the MBP files of the books I have read or am currently reading. Books I haven't started yet of course have no MBP file.

The top one on the list showed a line of dots with about half of them "on". I assumed that showed the relative size of the book and how far I am through it.

*tap* and it opens to... The. First. Page.

How do I get this app to open the books to the place I was in them on my Palm LifeDrive?

Also, is there a way to make it scroll vertically?
bizzybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:43 PM   #2
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
If you're using Calibre it's pretty easy. "Convert" the mobi files to mobi and Calibre will add the information to the mobi ebooks that allows you to sync across devices. Load the mobi files onto your devices. Once you're reading in the book the app will save your place and then you can sync across apps and devices.

Of course this doesn't help with books you are presently reading but will for future books.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2011, 10:56 PM   #3
bizzybody
Addict
bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bizzybody ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various PalmOS PDAs, Android Phones, Sharper Image Literati
I don't want to sync across devices. I already have my books copied over to the phone. I'm shifting everything I do to the phone, the LifeDrive will likely find itself in a drawer.

I just want the Kindle app to read the info from the bleeping MBP files. Kindle format is Mobipocket so there's no reason it shouldn't just pick up where Mobipocket Reader left off on another platform when the .mobi AND .mbp file are copied over.

Most of my Mobi books are from Baen, they work on any Kindle or the Kindle app or Mobipocket Reader on all platforms that's on. The MBP files should also work on Mobi Reader and Kindle, but apparently Kindle has broken their own format.

Last edited by bizzybody; 05-19-2011 at 10:58 PM.
bizzybody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 11:08 AM   #4
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
You might be better off asking this question in the Kindle section.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:38 PM   #5
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzybody View Post
Then I copied all my Mobi books over via the USB cable, along with the MBP files of the books I have read or am currently reading. Books I haven't started yet of course have no MBP file.

*tap* and it opens to... The. First. Page.
I am not sure, I believe Amazon only stores the bookmarks and annotations on the MDP file. The last page read is a setting in the MOBI/AZW file.

Quote:
Also, is there a way to make it scroll vertically?
What the book text or the books?... Actually it doesn't matter it's a no on both.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2011, 02:45 PM   #6
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
I just want the Kindle app to read the info from the bleeping MBP files. Kindle format is Mobipocket so there's no reason it shouldn't just pick up where Mobipocket Reader left off on another platform when the .mobi AND .mbp file are copied over.
In my experience, the .mbp files (which do include last page read) aren't guaranteed to fully work across various software platforms that use Mobipocket files.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote