Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-13-2011, 11:55 PM   #1
redrob2
redrob2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Test PDF -> Kindle conversion?

I am interested in getting a Kindle 3 and have a bunch of PDFs I'd like to send to the Kindle, but I've heard iffy reviews on how the conversion works. I also know they might be very small to read if they aren't converted into the Kindle's format. Is there any way to test this out via some sort of emulator or anything before I make the purchase? Thanks!

-Rob
redrob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:45 AM   #2
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
The Kindle Previewer app simulates the display of various models of Kindle device and works on Windows and Intel Macs. It only accepts Mobi format files, though since you're testing conversion, that should be okay.

You can try it out with the results you get converting PDF via Calibre, Mobipocket Creator, or whichever other app you want to use.

Hope this helps, and welcome to MobileRead!
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2011, 07:58 AM   #3
neonbible
Addict
neonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watchneonbible is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 5, iPad Air, Nexus 7
Its only small if you read it as PDF files. If you convert by emailing it to your Kindle address it will convert it to AZW. I find Amazon's conversion has slightly better results than Calibre.
neonbible is offline   Reply With Quote