Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-08-2010, 01:29 PM   #1
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Screen damage that fixed itself?

I dropped my reader a few days ago. Clumsy me. About a five foot drop onto concrete, landing roughly on the bottom left corner of the integrated-light case. The back flew off and the battery popped out. About a half-inch at the right side of the screen turned streaked and non-responsive.

I figured it was toast but I messed around with it, turning maybe 30 pages, and much of the non-responsive area started working again. I have a few small 'scars' remaining, like a one-pixel dead line, but the display is quite legible. Touchscreen itself never stopped working.

Was that some adhesive electrical connections reestablishing themselves or some pigment that got centrifuged to one side or ? I may have to name my reader "kitty" because it sure used up one of its lives...
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote