Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 01-14-2010, 06:36 PM   #1
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Oberon?

Dear robertB

Before CES you mentioned that you would try to contact Oberon Designs if they came there. Did anything come of that?

I think the Pocket Pro is the perfect size and I intend to stick with it. I've always loved leather bound books and I think an Oberon cover would make the Pocket Pro a perfect solution for a customized and genuinely portable reader.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:02 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
Dear robertB

Before CES you mentioned that you would try to contact Oberon Designs if they came there. Did anything come of that?

I think the Pocket Pro is the perfect size and I intend to stick with it. I've always loved leather bound books and I think an Oberon cover would make the Pocket Pro a perfect solution for a customized and genuinely portable reader.
You might try contacting them yourself as well...sometimes they need to know there is a market out there...... They've been pretty responsive in the past.

http://www.oberondesign.com/contact.php
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:14 PM   #3
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Thanks DGM. That's a good idea. I just thought robertB might have more weight with them coming from the manufacturer.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:15 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
Thanks DGM. That's a good idea. I just thought robertB might have more weight with them coming from the manufacturer.
The more owners of your device they hear from the better your chances are.

Last edited by desertgrandma; 01-14-2010 at 07:17 PM. Reason: spelling.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:39 PM   #5
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Robert posted in another thread that they have been in talks with a company in Hong Kong and that more covers in the future are a possibility. I'm assuming not like Oberon, which are in a class all by themselves, but thought it was worth mentioning.
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:53 PM   #6
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Never saw Oberon

Quote:
Originally Posted by French View Post
Robert posted in another thread that they have been in talks with a company in Hong Kong and that more covers in the future are a possibility. I'm assuming not like Oberon, which are in a class all by themselves, but thought it was worth mentioning.
Dear all:

Oberon did not have a booth and did not stop by. Yes, two good leather case manufacturers did show at our booth (one from Hong Kong) and one of the manufacturers has "skins" as well.

It is all shaking out still.

Please post any way I can get in touch with Oberon and I will contact them.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 04:56 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear all:

See post #2 on this thread.

Oberon is made here in the USA, by a small family owned business.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:45 AM   #8
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertb View Post
Dear all:

Oberon did not have a booth and did not stop by. Yes, two good leather case manufacturers did show at our booth (one from Hong Kong) and one of the manufacturers has "skins" as well.

It is all shaking out still.

You should seriously check out Noreve - they make expensive quality products, close to $100 each. I have one each for my two Kindle 2s. I also have one on order for my Sony 600. THEY CURRENTLY ONLY MAKE CASES FOR THE KINDLE AND THE SONY 600.

The design of the Pocket Pro EXACTLY suits the way the Noreve cases "slide" onto an ebook reader. The Pocket Pro's design has those "indented" borders around the case.

Noreve is a French company, but they also have a U.S. area from which to order.

I'm speaking from direct experience: These cases are exquisite - but expensive (and worth it, in my opinion).

Romance them, present hard stats, and with possible interest....who knows.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-16-2010 at 10:29 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote