Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 12-17-2013, 10:52 PM   #1
w1k0
Banned
w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Unkarming Karma’s Karmers

I am a newbie here but despite of that I tried for a few times to increase someone’s karma and – as a result – I saw a message: “You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice”. So I increased the karma of these particular individuals posting these particular posts before but I forgot about that.

So I am asking the maintainers of the forum’s engine: if it is possible change the engine causing that after someone increases the karma of someone else in some post the “KARMA” button disappears from this very post for the member which used it before.

My other request is: I never tried to increase my own karma but it seems to me that it is superfluous to show the “KARMA” button to the user which is the author of the particular post.

RSVP

(Sorry for the stupid title of the thread but from my point of view it is funny and attracts the attention.)
w1k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:12 AM   #2
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
When you click on the KARMA button of your own post, you get the list of users (if any) who have given you karma for that post.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2013, 07:19 AM   #3
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Try it, w1k0. I just gave you some.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:16 AM   #4
w1k0
Banned
w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.w1k0 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I tried it and I saw that:

Quote:
Your reputation on this post is Extremely Positive.
Comments on this Post
N/A
You have 447520 Reputation point(s).
There is no any list of the users – including Graham – there.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:41 AM   #5
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1k0 View Post
I tried it and I saw that:

There is no any list of the users – including Graham – there.
True... no users, just the comments they made when they gave you karma...
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #6
w1k0
Banned

A dream

I have a dream that the “KARMA” button visible in the particular post inverts its colors permanently after someone uses it (someone else to give me karma or I to give karma to someone else). Maybe it is better idea than the vanishing “KARMA” buttons which I suggested in my first post?
Old 12-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #7
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Try it, w1k0. I just gave you some.

It always works! I've never seen anyone opening a karma thread without getting a big karma gift!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:11 PM   #8
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post

It always works! I've never seen anyone opening a karma thread without getting a big karma gift!
Define big. I only gave 50. Hey, it was just a test. Don't judge me.

Graham
Old 12-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #9
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Hey, I haven't judged! I've only noticed.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:40 PM   #10
Graham
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Hey, I haven't judged! I've only noticed.
Rereading I can see I wasn't clear, Billi; I was joking in my post about the size of my karma tip. Not calling you out for judging me.

Graham
Old 12-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #11
w1k0
Banned

I fed Billi (post #7) with a generous karma donation and I returned to Graham (post #8) 50 points with 100% surcharge so it seems that everyone should be happy now and we can concentrate on the “KARMA” buttons.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #12
Graham
Wizard

lol, thanks w1k0.

Graham
Old 12-20-2013, 05:14 AM   #13
Ekaros
Illiterate newbie
Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ekaros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
It's pretty hard to track who you have given some personally. Not that I give out karma too much...

Might work with some magick, but don't know if it's implemented in software anywhere...
Ekaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:59 AM   #14
w1k0
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekaros View Post
It's pretty hard to track who you have given some personally. Not that I give out karma too much...

Might work with some magick, but don't know if it's implemented in software anywhere...
The forum’s engine recognizes that I gave karma and doesn’t allow to do that twice in the case of the same post. So it’s implemented already. Now is enough to implement the “KARMA” button changing the color. The same with received karma.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:55 PM   #15
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
There is a change underway to convert to different forum software and it will do Karma differently. Alex is currently looking at modifying a different base software to add MobileRead specific features. The current software is heavily modified but the source base is going in a different direction which will necessitate a change. It is unknown when this will roll out, but this version will be the last of this type.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote