hunchermuncher began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
TOC id

Newbie Question:

I used Sigil to automatically create the TOC. It gave me:

Code:
  <p><a id="link3"></a></p>

<h2 id="heading_id_15">Wrong Names</h2>
Do these two lines go together or is the <p> line redundant?
hunchermuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
What version of Sigil?
Were you generating the standard table of contents or an HTML table of contents?

I gotta be honest... I don't think Sigil had anything to do with the "<p><a id="link3"></a></p>" bit regardless of which TOC you were generating. I would hazard a guess that the <p> line isn't necessary, but without seeing the whole ebook, it's impossible to know for sure what else—if anything—might be dependent upon on that "link3" anchor.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunchermuncher View Post
Newbie Question:

I used Sigil to automatically create the TOC. It gave me:

Code:
  <p><a id="link3"></a></p>

<h2 id="heading_id_15">Wrong Names</h2>
Do these two lines go together or is the <p> line redundant?
It may be complementary , for use by an hand coded inline TOC or foot/end notes. If you have neither... it is obsolete data.

Note: Sigil 6 (now in beta) can create a simple inline TOC from the traditional EPUB NCX.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:02 AM   #4
hunchermuncher
hunchermuncher began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks very much for both replies. I think the <p> line is redundant and is probably a hangover from a pre-existing TOC which I have deleted, so I think the <p> lines like this can go. I will save a version before I try just in case!
hunchermuncher is offline   Reply With Quote