Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-01-2010, 04:01 PM   #31
kolrone
Enthusiast
kolrone doesn't litterkolrone doesn't litter

Device: jetBook-Lite, eBookwise-1150
I finally began reading Boomerang and it captured my attention within the first few pages. Not many books do that. So I have to say I like what I've read so far.
kolrone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:08 PM   #32
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Thanks, I'm buying it now. Actually, I've been "buying" it for the past 15 minutes. Is Smashwords being run off a 300 baud modem?
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:37 PM   #33
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by edbro View Post
Thanks, I'm buying it now. Actually, I've been "buying" it for the past 15 minutes. Is Smashwords being run off a 300 baud modem?
Hi edbro,

Wow, I'm sorry that the site is running so slowly. I know there seem to be certain times of day when things can seem kind of, well, pre-high speed at Smashwords, but I like the place since it allows my book to be available in multiple formats and I can do the coupon thing.

Did it finally come through for you?

Alan

plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:42 PM   #34
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolrone View Post
I finally began reading Boomerang and it captured my attention within the first few pages. Not many books do that. So I have to say I like what I've read so far.
kolrone,

That's great to hear. The construction of the book is, I freely admit, out of the ordinary but I've been very happy to hear from quite a few readers that they like the way it is put together so I hope that is your experience too.

Best,
Alan

The coupon code to get Boomerang for just $0.99 at Smashwords is CC73Z.

Of course there's not that big of a jump to full price of $1.99 if you prefer to get your ebooks from Amazon or Barnes and Noble. The reports I've had from both Kindle and Nook owners has been very good.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:32 PM   #35
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumboz View Post
Hi edbro,

Wow, I'm sorry that the site is running so slowly. I know there seem to be certain times of day when things can seem kind of, well, pre-high speed at Smashwords, but I like the place since it allows my book to be available in multiple formats and I can do the coupon thing.

Did it finally come through for you?

Alan

Yes, I got it. 1/3 of the way through it and loving it.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:59 AM   #36
plumboz
Novelist

Quote:
Yes, I got it. 1/3 of the way through it and loving it.
That's great to hear!

Alan
Old 02-04-2010, 09:39 PM   #37
plumboz
Novelist

If I could ask a really big favor of those of you who have read (or are reading) Boomerang, especially if you have enjoyed it. It would be great to have reviews, however brief, on any of the sites where the book is available, Amazon, Smashwords or Barnes and Noble. There are a few on Amazon and Smashwords but nothing on B&N so far and I know it has sold a few because at one point the sale rank there hovered around 30,000 for a couple of weeks.

Anyway, just thought I would ask!

Best,
Alan
Old 02-06-2010, 02:05 PM   #38
plumboz
Novelist

Samples of Boomerang

I've been posting some excerpts from Boomerang over at the Writer's Corner message board, or for those of you who just would like a simple way of checking out the beginning of the book, the opening chapters can be found on my blog! The link for that is in my signature section below.

Thanks!

And of course, thanks to everyone who already has Boomerang.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:48 AM   #39
plumboz
Novelist

Boomerang has just been chosen as a featured book on The Indie Spotlight.

Nice little interview too.
Old 02-09-2010, 07:57 PM   #40
plumboz
Novelist

Coupon ends Feb. 28

Little message refresher about the Smashwords coupon for Boomerang.

Half price (just $0.99) when you use Coupon Code CC73Z.

Thanks,
Alan
Old 02-09-2010, 09:10 PM   #41
edbro
Banned

Plumboz,
I finished the book and loved it. I left a review on Smashwords. The only negative I'd mention was when Bethie loaded the floppy disk into her husband's computer. Who still uses floppies? Overall, a very enjoyable and well written book.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:26 PM   #42
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Plumboz,
I finished the book and loved it. I left a review on Smashwords. The only negative I'd mention was when Bethie loaded the floppy disk into her husband's computer. Who still uses floppies? Overall, a very enjoyable and well written book.
We still use floppies at my work for programs. They're still alive, believe it or not.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:26 PM   #43
plumboz
Novelist

Quote:
Plumboz,
Thanks so much, edbro! I really appreciate you taking the time to post a review. And oh my lord, did I really not bring that chapter up to date? Well, that's your one clue as to how long I worked on the blasted thing.Not exactly the world's most prolific writer, at least not yet.

I am anxious to read your review, but unfortunately Smashwords seems to be acting up at the moment, so looks like the suspense will linger for a bit.

Thanks again!
Alan

Old 02-10-2010, 10:39 AM   #44
plumboz
Novelist

Thanks, edbro!

Well, Smashwords finally decided to open up late last night and I saw your very nice review. Much appreciated. In Hiaasen and Barry you picked two of my favorite writers. It was a sad day in my household when Dave Barry decided to end his weekly column. That was often a high point of my Sunday. And Hiaasen's writing is funny, action packed and loaded with the sort of social conscience I really appreciate.

Alan

Old 02-10-2010, 04:24 PM   #45
edbro
Banned

Actually, I referred to Dorsey, not Barry. But, I agree, Dave Barry is great and writes in the same madcap style. Hiaasen , Dorsey, and Barry all Fla newspaper columnists who went on to more lucrative writing. I believe Barry and Hiaasen were at the same paper, The Miami Herald.

Tags
amazon, barnes and noble, boomerang, comic novel, smashwords