Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 04-01-2014, 12:40 PM   #1
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Percentage of Book Read

I just noticed that you can set the badge on the Marvin icon to show the percentage of the current book read. I know it's not as useful as having it while the book is open, but still it's better than nothing.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:00 PM   #2
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
BenG,

A click on the top of any page yields a wealth of information ... including the percentage of the book read.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Percentage.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	121132  
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:46 AM   #3
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Thanks.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:50 PM   #4
ldrover
Connoisseur
ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyTX View Post
BenG,

A click on the top of any page yields a wealth of information ... including the percentage of the book read.
Actually, the % read is displayed at the top every four pages or so. Perhaps an option to have it displayed permanently would be helpful. Anyway, I like the fact that Marvin displays % read, as well as how many pages are left in the chapter (bottom of page).
ldrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 02:13 PM   #5
twicefivemiles
twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twicefivemiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 10, iPad Air 2, Galaxy Tab 8, iPhone 5, Nexus 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldrover View Post
Actually, the % read is displayed at the top every four pages or so. Perhaps an option to have it displayed permanently would be helpful. Anyway, I like the fact that Marvin displays % read, as well as how many pages are left in the chapter (bottom of page).
This. I frequently find myself thinking "in two more pages, I'll know the %". Which is silly but I find I can't reliably pull down the top menu without getting Apple's notifications instead.
twicefivemiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:04 PM   #6
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by twicefivemiles View Post
This. I frequently find myself thinking "in two more pages, I'll know the %". Which is silly but I find I can't reliably pull down the top menu without getting Apple's notifications instead.
The following info "cycles" at the top of each page. For example:

Page 1 will indicate: Title
Page 2 will indicate: Author
Page 3 will indicate: Percent

and then the cycle will repeat:

Page 4 will indicate: Title
Page 5 will indicate: Author
Page 6 will indicate: Percent

Just tap the word (Title, Author, Percent) and the dropdown box shown in my first post will appear.

Don't slide up, down or sideways: simply lightly tap!

Hope this helps ...

Marty
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:51 PM   #7
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Quote:
Originally Posted by twicefivemiles View Post
I have this same problem. If anyone has a way around it, I'd love to know.
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:42 PM   #8
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Just chiming in...I'd like the option to only show percentage at the top of the page rather than cycle between title, author, percentage. I know the title and author of the book I'm reading and they don't change--percentage does. :-)

That said, I love Marvin! It truly makes reading on my iPad a joy.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:50 PM   #9
HisLittleOne
Enthusiast
HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPad Mini w/retina
I'd like to be able to see that in the footer as an option.
HisLittleOne is offline   Reply With Quote