Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
SSModeSwitcher: An extension to change Screensaver mode

YifanLu's "custom screensaver hack" doesn't work after 5.1.2 so this extension would not work also.

Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-02-26T22_06_25-0000.gif
Views:	6417
Size:	14.7 KB
ID:	83103

Currently available options:
  • Defaults: for default screensavers
  • Lock Screen (uses yifanlu's lockscreen.png)
  • Profile 1
  • Profile2
  • Enable/Disable

About:
This extension helps us to change screensaver mode among four screensaver profiles ( default, screenlock and 2 custom modes) It increases the functionality of YifanLu's ScreenSaver Hack.
Actually this is a really simple extension. It only renames folders so that yifanlu's Screensavers hack can use the folder that you choose.

Installing:
Install YifanLu's Launcher - https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=161263
Install Yifanlu's Custom Screensaver - http://yifan.lu/p/custom-screensaver/
Copy folders lockscreen, customscreensavers and customscreensaver2 to root ( beside the folder documents)
Copy the folder SSModeSwitcher to extensions folder
Restart Kindle

To Use:
Place your screensavers in folders customscreensavers and customscreensaver2 (for two seperate custom modes)
Choose whatever mode you want in Menu > Launcher > Screensaver Mode
DO NOT delete or rename the folders: lockscreen, customscreensavers and customscreensaver2
DO NOT place your screensavers beside the lockscreen.png

Archieve: SSModeSwitcher.zip

Last edited by thomass; 11-05-2012 at 01:41 AM.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:59 AM   #2
ab5tract
ab5tract began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch (5)
Very cool! It works great for me, with only one thing: is it possible to have a true toggle in the menu for the 'enable/disable' screensaver? Right now it doesn't remember its current state.
ab5tract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I don't have enough knowledge about the structure to add this at least for now. As you might have already noticed, I even did not avoid from using multiple versions of a script to not bother to use a param. value. My only goal was to have a simple but solid extension to do this job.

Maybe somebody edit this extension to add the feature you mentioned and to make it more compact.
Old 02-26-2012, 04:24 PM   #4
thomass
Wizard

Smile Update

I found an easy way to toggle between disable and enable, hence fixed this issue

v 0.3
  • have a true toggle in the menu for the 'enable/disable' screensaver
  • if screensaver is disabled automatically enable it whenever user choose one of the modes ,
Old 02-27-2012, 02:08 AM   #5
perzer
perzer began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
hi,can this feature use in ad version?thanks!
perzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:27 AM   #6
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by perzer View Post
hi,can this feature use in ad version?thanks!
No. No no and no.
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:38 AM   #7
perzer
perzer began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
No. No no and no.
In fact i only want use "enable/disable" screensaver!
perzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:46 AM   #8
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by perzer View Post
In fact i only want use "enable/disable" screensaver!
only this one may work.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:10 AM   #9
JustAMan
Groupie
JustAMan doesn't litterJustAMan doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch
Actually this isn't really true enable/disable state. If someone changes the behaviour not using your extension it would show wrong state.
Push Yifan to either integrate my push request on his Launcher or re-implement the whole idea to get the possibility to implement really dynamic menus
JustAMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:26 AM   #10
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAMan View Post
Actually this isn't really true enable/disable state. If someone changes the behaviour not using your extension it would show wrong state.
Push Yifan to either integrate my push request on his Launcher or re-implement the whole idea to get the possibility to implement really dynamic menus
You are right . However extension will correct itself by adapting to the new situation if someone changes the settings not using it .

As I said before I don't have enough knowledge about the structure of the launcher to write such complex scripts. What I am doing here is just for a temporary solution.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:02 AM   #11
lukeroge
Enthusiast
lukeroge began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thanks!
lukeroge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:50 AM   #12
Vidhart
Vidhart began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle touch
Can some one please try and make this work on kindle touch 5.1.0
I thoufht this wasreally neat but it only works with the custom screensaver hack and not he simple screensaver hack. the custom screensaver hack doesnt work on 5.1 so im requesting that someone modify this gui extension to work with simple screensaver hack
simple screensaver hack is where the pictures have to be names "bg_xsmall_ss04" etc
Vidhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #13
maxniko
maxniko began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch v5.1.2
Failed to install

Hi. I'm new to this Kindle hacking, so I might be doing something wrong in the process.
I have a Kindle touch with firmware version 5.1.2.
I succesfully jailbroke my kindle and installed Yifan Lu's GUI Launcher.
I also removed the ads and installed XTerm.

I installed Yifan Lu's Custom Screensaver for Kindle Touch (http://yifan.lu/p/custom-screensaver/) and I downloaded the files in this thread and followed the instructions to install the SSModeSwitch mod.
The result I got was that not only I couldn't make the mod work, but also, when I lock the screen, it remains locked but without any image, which results in my screen staying in the last state before blocking.

Please, help.
Thanks in advance.
maxniko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:31 PM   #14
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Yifan Custom doesn't work on the 5.1.2 IIRC. so this would not work.

Top-post should be updated to reflect that.

if you want to simply disable and enable screensavers via menu try the systemik extensions thingy I bundled together.

The Simple Screensavers hack is the one that works (again IIRC).

Sorry mate this is a no-go.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote