Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-14-2011, 06:45 AM   #1
dodgyr
dodgyr began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-T1
T1 touch screen stopped working

Hey Guys,
Just reporting an experience I had with my T1. I was reading a book with no problems. All of a sudden, the touchscreen stopped working. Tried my finger, tried the stylus, neither worked. Gave it a couple of hours, it had gone to sleep, and when I woke it back up, it asked for my PIN but the touchscreen still did not work ... so couldn't get it back on.
Reported it to the Sony store, they said to bring it in. Brought it in (about 5-6 hours later) and it had started working again. Made me look like a liar! lol
Anyway, they exchanged it for a new one but they said that no one has ever reported that problem before ... hmmm ... I wonder why?! lol .. I bought it on the second day it was made available and returned it on the third day!

The second unit I have seems slower to switch on, open books etc. But I am not complaining ... it is working!
Anyway, has anyone heard of there being two models (with slightly different processors or something?)
dodgyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:51 AM   #2
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
No different processors. Go through the threads here. You will see many are having issues.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:05 AM   #3
dodgyr
dodgyr began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-T1
I asked about the different processors because of the different speeds that the second unit seem to be operating on (compared with the first).
dodgyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:33 PM   #4
mazzy
mazzy began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1
The same thing just happened to me! I've only had the reader for 3 days. I went to turn the page and i couldn't get anything to respond. I thought maybe it was the battery was running out, so I pressed the home button, but it was fine. So I thought I would restart the reader, since thats my usual first step when something doesn't work. Except, I have to use the touch screen to confirm that I Do want to shut down the device, so thats a no-go.
I was already considering returning the sony prs-t1 for a nook, because i like the feel of it more. This little flaw has convinced me to send it back, but without a replacement.
mazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 08:12 AM   #5
zippy
zippy began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
It just happened to me too, I've only had mine four days.

I ran my finger nail around under the rim of the screen and it started working again.

Dust blockage? Software bug? I think I'll try putting it down face down in case that helps keep the screen clear from dust.
zippy is offline   Reply With Quote