40-50 53 23.45%
50-60 36 15.93%
60-70 12 5.31%
over 70 1 0.44%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2009, 04:53 PM   #1
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
Average age of MR members

Ok so while I was looking at the post about Facebook, I had an idea for another interesting poll. Maybe this has already been done...if so I would be interested in seeing the link. I'm curious to know the average age of MR members. I saw the polls for average ages of kindle members, but I'm curious to know the age of the whole MR population, and who's around my age (I'm 28). However, I don't know how to start a poll, or even if I have the capability to do so.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:55 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
you can add a poll by clicking on "thread tools" (immediately above your post) > "add a poll to this post".

i think this might have been done in the past, but demographics change, so go right ahead. it will be interesting to compare the two (once we dig out the previous one) and see how they match up / differ.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2009, 04:57 PM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I certainly remember a poll on these lines about a year ago. But, as Zelda says, the demographic may well have changed. We've seen both new members and new devices in the last year.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:18 PM   #4
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
I'm elventyseven as of today!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:19 PM   #5
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Happy birthday Krisk! (She doesn't look a day over eleventy.)
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2009, 05:23 PM   #6
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
awww schucks!
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:27 PM   #7
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
you can add a poll by clicking on "thread tools" (immediately above your post) > "add a poll to this post".

i think this might have been done in the past, but demographics change, so go right ahead. it will be interesting to compare the two (once we dig out the previous one) and see how they match up / differ.
We're all a year older, for one.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:33 PM   #8
kelly1010
Book Addict!
kelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheesekelly1010 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPod Touch, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi
OK! I figured it out. I wasn't sure what age ranges to use, so I picked the ones you see. Can't wait to see the results.
kelly1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:34 PM   #9
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Age 34. Still 17 in the brain

Last edited by Moejoe; 07-10-2009 at 05:42 PM.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:39 PM   #10
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
I'm in the 30-40 bracket in terms of years old.
Mental age... ummm... still in me teens, I think!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:41 PM   #11
Laz116
Guru
Laz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of lightLaz116 is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Sony PRS-700
33, and I've already given up understanding the thing kids call music nowadays. Now, when I was young....
Laz116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:46 PM   #12
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
We're all a year older, for one.
Speak for yourself--I'm about 3 or 4 years older than I was last year.

When people ask me how old I am, sometimes I say, "I'm 57, but I look like I'm 47 and I feel like I'm 37!"

However, on some days, the direction of the numbers is reversed.
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:51 PM   #13
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I'm in the 30-40 bracket in terms of years old.
Mental age... ummm... still in me teens, I think!
me too. mentally, i'm much younger now than i was 20 years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz116 View Post
33, and I've already given up understanding the thing kids call music nowadays. Now, when I was young....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlparker View Post
Speak for yourself--I'm about 3 or 4 years older than I was last year.

When people ask me how old I am, sometimes I say, "I'm 57, but I look like I'm 47 and I feel like I'm 37!"

However, on some days, the direction of the numbers is reversed.
hee ! i might start answering like that. although i'd have to change the numbers a bit.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:04 PM   #14
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
...hee ! i might start answering like that. although i'd have to change the numbers a bit.
I change the numbers too, depending on who's asking and why
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 06:05 PM   #15
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlparker View Post
I change the numbers too, depending on who's asking and why