Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
Jay22
Jay22 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Thumbnail Image Distorted and Font Size Sigil

Hello all
I wonder if anyone can help with a couple of problems I am having creating an epub with Sigil. I have tried Sigil V0.3.4 and V0.4.2. Using Win7, IE9.
• The thumbnail of the cover image is missing more than half the image as it has slid over to the left when I view in Adobe Digital Editions. But when I view the full cover in ADE the image is all there centred correctly. I have used an image 590 X 750 and tried both 300dpi and 96dpi. I have even tried to change the cover image in Calibre to see if that worked, but same issue (By the way, I have used the same cover to create a Mobi prc in Mobipocket creator, and the cover thumbnail is fine. But when I convert to epub in Calibre there are white spaces at the top and bottom).
• When I prepare the epub in Sigil, the font size is quite small, and cannot be adjusted in ADE. The font size when a prc is produced using Mobi Creator (using the same HTML) is larger and when I convert it to epub it remains that way and can be adjusted in ADE. How can I make the sigil produced fonts adjustable in a reader?

Thank you
Jay22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:16 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay22 View Post
Hello all
I wonder if anyone can help with a couple of problems I am having creating an epub with Sigil. I have tried Sigil V0.3.4 and V0.4.2. Using Win7, IE9.
• The thumbnail of the cover image is missing more than half the image as it has slid over to the left when I view in Adobe Digital Editions. But when I view the full cover in ADE the image is all there centred correctly. I have used an image 590 X 750 and tried both 300dpi and 96dpi. I have even tried to change the cover image in Calibre to see if that worked, but same issue (By the way, I have used the same cover to create a Mobi prc in Mobipocket creator, and the cover thumbnail is fine. But when I convert to epub in Calibre there are white spaces at the top and bottom).
• When I prepare the epub in Sigil, the font size is quite small, and cannot be adjusted in ADE. The font size when a prc is produced using Mobi Creator (using the same HTML) is larger and when I convert it to epub it remains that way and can be adjusted in ADE. How can I make the sigil produced fonts adjustable in a reader?

Thank you
ADE on my reader does not follow all the rules for centering and you need to code around them.
Read the sticky section devoted to this in the EPUB forum.

Text/margins not resizing: You probably use fixed sizing: px, in, cm

Switch to a relative size: I use 1.2em as my base size which provides me a nice size at zoom level 3 (of 5) on my 5" device (old engineering trick, default to the middle of the control setting)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 03:09 PM   #3
Jay22
Jay22 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Thanks for the help theducks. I will take a look at see if I can fix.
Jay22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
font size, sigil, thumbnail image