Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 08-14-2011, 09:48 AM   #1
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Win 10 thinkpad 8in
Link opening into new window?

When I click on a link in a post it opens the source link in the same window and takes me away from Mobileread. Is is just me or the feature to open a link into new window is not in MR?
din155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #2
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
right click (open in new tab, or open in new window)?

I'm using Firefox.

I prefer new tabs and use Firefox. I prefer allowing the individual user determine what they want to do with it.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2011, 10:03 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Another consideration is the fact that not all devices (eg the Kindle web browser) support multiple windows.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:38 AM   #4
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
I just click on the scroll bar, to open a link in new tab.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:45 AM   #5
din155
Guru
din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.din155 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
right click (open in new tab, or open in new window)?
I know I can right click. Just that I was wondering if I was doing anything different. It’s not nuisance for me I was being a bit curious.
Harry, I think you are right, mobileread by name itself should consider mobile browsers first
Advert
Old 08-14-2011, 06:16 PM   #6
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by din155 View Post
When I click on a link in a post it opens the source link in the same window and takes me away from Mobileread. Is is just me or the feature to open a link into new window is not in MR?
There is a setting for opening links in a new tab. In User CP, go to "Edit options", and set "New Window Links" to "All Links". Or "External Links Only", if you would like MR links to still open in the same tab.
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:21 AM   #7
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by din155 View Post
I know I can right click. Just that I was wondering if I was doing anything different. It’s not nuisance for me I was being a bit curious.
Harry, I think you are right, mobileread by name itself should consider mobile browsers first
But, we're supposed to be reading books, not browsing websites.

@tilia: thanks for the settings help, it's hard to find everything that's available in the settings menus.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:17 PM   #8
din155
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilia View Post
There is a setting for opening links in a new tab. In User CP, go to "Edit options", and set "New Window Links" to "All Links". Or "External Links Only", if you would like MR links to still open in the same tab.
Thanks a lot Tilia
din
Old 08-15-2011, 03:19 PM   #9
din155
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
But, we're supposed to be reading books, not browsing websites.
Maybe browsing to read books (read: kindle cloud reader)

din