Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-16-2011, 10:29 PM   #541
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah View Post
The Bluefire team is focusing on trying to fix the bug we have on Jailbroken iOS devices at the moment. Thanks all who have reported on this bug on this board and via email. If anyone else has experienced this issue and is willing to provide information about the bug e.g. device type, OS version, tool used to Jailbreak, etc. We would certainly appreciate an email with that info sent to support@bluefirereader.com
Thanks,
Micah (UX Director at Bluefire)
How about adding Brightness Control with an up/down swipe? For some reason when I read in the night I find that I'm constantly tweaking brightness. The up/down swipe that was in Stanza was great! (just thought I'd ask)
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:53 PM   #542
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude
Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
I like it, but tricky with PDF where that could be scroll/pan. I'll think about it
Micah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2011, 10:56 PM   #543
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude
Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Micah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bluefire Reader iOS update was released today on the App store. Nothing in there of any interest (just compliance). But this means we can now actually make improvements to the app and know we can release them. Finally! Been 8 months. 8 Loooong months. But I'm not going to sigh, and look back. Time to look to the future -and awesome new features. Yay!
Old 08-16-2011, 10:56 PM   #544
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I like it, but tricky with PDF where that could be scroll/pan. I'll think about it
OK... a four finger swipe perhaps?
Old 08-16-2011, 11:00 PM   #545
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Quote:
Bluefire Reader iOS update was released today on the App store. Nothing in there of any interest (just compliance). But this means we can now actually make improvements to the app and know we can release them. Finally! Been 8 months. 8 Loooong months. But I'm not going to sigh, and look back. Time to look to the future -and awesome new features. Yay!
Yay!

I'm waiting for the dictionary.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2011, 11:02 PM   #546
1611mac
eWanderer

Quote:
You're getting me psyched! Thanks!
Old 08-16-2011, 11:36 PM   #547
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Since others are requesting features, I'd really like to see a two column mode for the iPad. It's this feature that keeps bringing me back to iBooks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
OK... a four finger swipe perhaps?
This would conflict with the iPad's multitasking gestures that that iOS 5 introduces. (Publically; they've been in Beta since 4.3)
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:45 PM   #548
1611mac
eWanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Since others are requesting features, I'd really like to see a two column mode for the iPad. It's this feature that keeps bringing me back to iBooks.

This would conflict with the iPad's multitasking gestures that that iOS 5 introduces. (Publically; they've been in Beta since 4.3)
Yep.. you are right... and I've been using the 4-finger swipe

Humm... maybe use the built in camera to read my lips "Brighter" or "Dimmer"
Old 08-17-2011, 05:05 PM   #549
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Perhaps on the left side it would indicate brightness while on the right side it would be scroll. (reversible for left handed users I suppose)

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:02 PM   #550
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Micah, did Apple ever make hardware brightness control a public API? I remember there was some minor uproar over them keeping it private, so only iBooks could control brightness from within the app (without resorting to some tricks).
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:31 AM   #551
S_Walker08
S_Walker08 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
What is side loading?

I want to transfer my ebooks from my Sony ereader PRS-600 to my iPad. I read that you can use the bluefire app to side load the ebooks but I don't know what that means.

Last edited by S_Walker08; 08-29-2011 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Misspelled a word
S_Walker08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:53 PM   #552
Micah
Bluefire Reader dude

Bluefire Reader for Android is now on the Android Market.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:12 PM   #553
junkml
Addict
junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.junkml ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
I apologize if this has already been addressed, but is there (or will there be) any way to connect Bluefire to the Calibre content server?
junkml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:13 PM   #554
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkml View Post
I apologize if this has already been addressed, but is there (or will there be) any way to connect Bluefire to the Calibre content server?
Have you read all the posts in this thread yet? I don't recall if it was brought up in this thread.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:36 AM   #555
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
There used to be a reference to "My Sources" in the documentation that would perhaps allow you to add the Calibre content server, or at the very least the Calibre2OPDS Dropbox solution (which you can get to now via Safari and Open With). But the My Sources tab seems to be missing in the latest build.

At the moment I use Calibre2OPDS and Dropbox as my online catalog to load the book I want to read into Bluefire. Would be nice if the app itself could access that catalog.
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote