Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #46
Dworkyll
Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.

Device: iPaq 214, HanLin V5, K3W, K4, KPW, iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
... So keep an eye on the JBPatch thread, but as always: don't hold your breath. ...
Thanks, in advance anyway. Should I keep my fingers crossed till then?
Dworkyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:40 AM   #47
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dworkyll View Post
Thanks, in advance anyway. Should I keep my fingers crossed till then?
You can loosen your fingers now - Here it is.

PS: For people not familiar with JBPatch: you will need a few other requirements - like a jailbroken device with JBPatch installed - before you can use this. See the first post of the linked thread. (No, this is neither dangerous nor illegal, but if you prefer not to tamper with your device, then don't do it. Up to you ).
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:10 PM   #48
Dworkyll
Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.Dworkyll knows the square root of minus one.

Device: iPaq 214, HanLin V5, K3W, K4, KPW, iPad3
Talking

Quote:
You can loosen your fingers now - Here it is.

Now I can type again
Dworkyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:14 AM   #49
ddrspy
ddrspy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
You can edit that file ( /var/local/java/prefs/reader.pref ) using a hex editor:

[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Note that the file length may vary depending on your font selection, so you should start counting from the *end* of the file to find the right bytes to modify (bottom margin = 4th-last byte, etc.)
Do you know which bit can enable the left justification feature in the mobi reader?
like mentioned in the wiki,

Quote:
Edit the file system/com.amazon.ebook.booklet.reader/reader.pref in a UNIX end-of-line aware editor.

Add the following line to the end of the reader.pref file:
ALLOW_JUSTIFICATION_CHANGE=true

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-19-2016 at 11:54 AM.
ddrspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 11:40 AM   #50
MarkFalk
MarkFalk began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch 5.3.7.3
Quote:
You can edit that file ( /var/local/java/prefs/reader.pref ) using a hex editor:

[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Note that the file length may vary depending on your font selection, so you should start counting from the *end* of the file to find the right bytes to modify (bottom margin = 4th-last byte, etc.)
I am sorry, but I really don´t know how to get access to this file. English is not my native language, so maybe I have missed something. I would like to ask for a step-for-step-explanation.

Regards, Mark

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-19-2016 at 11:56 AM.
MarkFalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 11:20 AM   #51
tejasvi88
tejasvi88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle basic 8th Gen

Last edited by tejasvi88; 04-08-2018 at 11:39 AM.
tejasvi88 is offline   Reply With Quote