Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-02-2010, 02:02 PM   #1
durkinrobinson
Lovechild
durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle
Olivia's Kiss for $1.99 [see post #30]

I'm a new member and also a writer/columnist. My humor columns appear in The Tampa Tribune and Creative Loafing.

My first novel is Olivia's Kiss.

Olivia Foster is a beautiful, headstrong killing machine, shocked to find herself yearning for something different.

Olivia discovered a talent for killing people while in her teens, after shooting her abusive father in the head and watching him die. Unapologetic and determined to help victims of domestic violence fight back, she built a wildly successful business. Now, a sophisticated young woman, Olivia travels the world pursuing bad men and making them pay.

When an unexpected vacation leads her home, Olivia reconnects with childhood friends and finds herself envying them. Like so many women approaching their thirties, and despite her most-wanted status, Olivia is startled by the unfamiliar urge and intrigued with the idea of settling down.

When Max, her longtime love, proposes marriage, Olivia dares to wonder: Can she really trade guns and glory for gold bands and bath towels?

Here is the buy link: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...1.78_62&fsc=-1

Any advice would be appreciated!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-03-2010 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Promoted her book in another member's Thread
durkinrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 02:06 PM   #2
CaraM
Guru
CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CaraM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Welcome. I love your blurb. The story sounds unique enough to make me want to read it. I haven't gotten my Kindle yet, but I'll put this on my list of books to download. Good luck.

www.caramarsi.com
Logan's Redemption
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0040JI3PG
CaraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:50 AM   #3
durkinrobinson
Lovechild
durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!durkinrobinson rocks like Gibraltar!

Thanks Kara.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:50 AM   #4
durkinrobinson
Lovechild

Oops. *Cara. It's still early. :-)
Old 09-03-2010, 12:46 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I gave you your own thread, since your response to the OP was to promote your own book.

If you would like the Title changed, please PM me.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 03:52 PM   #6
durkinrobinson
Lovechild

Feedback needed: Sold 7 books so far, goal is 25

October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month and I'm donated 100% of my profits from the sales of Olivia's Kiss ($3.99) to The Spring, a local Domestic Violence Prevention and Emergency Shelter Agency.

UPDATE: Halfway through the month, I’ve sold seven copies. My goal is 25 – and Amazon won't even send me the profits unless I sell many many more so how to get this going for the second half of the month???

Any ideas are welcome. Domestic violence survivors deserve our help!

Olivia’s Kiss is contemporary fiction and my first novel

Blurb:

Olivia Foster is a beautiful, headstrong killing machine, shocked to find herself yearning for something different.

Olivia discovered a talent for killing men while in her teens, after shooting her abusive father in the head and watching him die. Unapologetic and dedicated to helping victims of domestic violence fight back, she built a wildly successful business. Now, a sophisticated young woman, Olivia travels the world pursuing bad men and making them pay.

When an unexpected vacation leads her home, Olivia reconnects with childhood friends and finds herself envying them. Like so many women approaching their thirties, and despite her most-wanted status, Olivia is startled by the unfamiliar urge and intrigued with the idea of settling down.

When Max, her longtime love, proposes marriage, Olivia dares to wonder: Can she really trade guns and glory for gold bands and bath towels?

Read the first chapter here: http://www.oliviaskiss.blogspot.com/

And thank you for any feedback or suggestions.

http://www.amazon.com/Olivias-Kiss-e...owViewpoints=1
Old 10-17-2010, 09:13 PM   #7
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
There's a couple of threads around here with some very excellent information on power marketing for your books. You could try those and see if it boosts sales.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:22 AM   #8
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
I don't think it is a lack of reviews that is your problem, you already have quite a few that are mostly positive. How are you promoting it to people who are likely to be interested in the subject matter?
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:42 AM   #9
kcmay
Addict
kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2
If you've written an ebook priced under $5, consider submitting to the "cheap reads" sites like
http://bargainebooks.blogspot.com/
http://www.thefrugalereader.com/
http://dailycheapreads.com

as well as other indie-friendly blogs:
http://indiefantasywritersunlimited.blogspot.com/
http://spaldings-racket.blogspot.com/
http://www.theindiespotlight.com/

I started adding marketing tips to my blog: http://fantasyauthor.blogspot.com/ I'm no expert (not even close!) -- these are just things I've been doing. They might help you too.
kcmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:28 AM   #10
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by durkinrobinson View Post
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month and I'm donated 100% of my profits from the sales of Olivia's Kiss ($3.99) to The Spring, a local Domestic Violence Prevention and Emergency Shelter Agency.

UPDATE: Halfway through the month, I’ve sold seven copies. My goal is 25 – and Amazon won't even send me the profits unless I sell many many more so how to get this going for the second half of the month???

Any ideas are welcome. Domestic violence survivors deserve our help!

Olivia’s Kiss is contemporary fiction and my first novel

Read the first chapter here: http://www.oliviaskiss.blogspot.com/

And thank you for any feedback or suggestions.

http://www.amazon.com/Olivias-Kiss-e...owViewpoints=1

Read the sample, Buying the book, I hope you have great success with this, Best Wishes from a 49 year old Male reader
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 05:11 PM   #11
durkinrobinson
Lovechild

Thank you thank you thank you guys! I had a rough day - it is so hard to be up and sell yourself every single day. I've been doing this for 10 years and some weeks are better than others. These responses made me smile. Bless you!!!!

C-
Old 10-21-2010, 08:19 AM   #12
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
I just purchased from Amazon, hoping to help you reach your goal of 25 for the month. It's great that your profits for October will be going to such a worthwhile cause. Good luck!
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:10 AM   #13
durkinrobinson
Lovechild

Thanks Moe!
Old 10-21-2010, 12:22 PM   #14
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Bought It, Can't wait to read the whole thing, Thankyou Catherine !
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:48 AM   #15
durkinrobinson
Lovechild

I submitted to all the recommended review sites and am up to 17 books sold this month - I think I may make 25 before the end of the month! Thanks again for all your help.