Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-04-2020, 09:57 AM   #1
Nibir88
Nibir88 began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue, Likebook, Kindle, Onyx Boox
5.13.3 Jailbreak Help Need

I recently bought Kindle 2019, i never knew that Kindle can be Jailbreak.
Now i know i can't Jailbreak 5.13.3 after reading all Threads.

Is there any way to install KOReader or Jailbreak my kindle???
Please Let me know is there any way.

Thanks all of you.
Nibir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 10:46 AM   #2
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Take a look at the "stickied" Open Sesame! thread at the top of the forum. You need to determine which particular model you have by checking the first few digits of your serial number. If you have what we call a "PW4" model there is a software method available. If not, and your skills and tools are up to it, a serial port method may work for you.

Keep in mind that each firmware update brings additional problems with a jailbreak, so in the interim you might want to keep your Kindle in airplane mode and side load any books you want to read.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2020, 11:33 AM   #3
Nibir88

I found my Kindle model and it's Nickname is "KT4,KT4W8". I'm already using 5.13.3 Open Sesame! thread tell that

WARNING: FW >= 5.12.x is potentially much more aggressive, and we currently don't have a sure-proof way of preventing OTA updates on those newer FW versions (short of sticking to Airplane mode).
WARNING: FW >= 5.12.2 is definitely much more aggressive, and it will *probably* destroy your JailBreak. You'll want to make *absolutely* sure that your bridge is up-to-date *before* the update to have any chance of keeping it alive.
TL;DR: Stay away from FW >= 5.12.x.

I really need KOReader. Is there any other way to Install it without Jailbreak??? Cuz i think my Version have not proper Jailbreak.
Old 11-04-2020, 11:49 AM   #4
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

KOReader requires a jailbreak. Software jailbreak is not an option at that firmware level on the KT4, so serial is your only possible option.

I don't know if there is a thread on that yet, so you might need to start one. A serial jailbreak requires the proper equipment and a gentle touch, as these mainboards have small contacts that are easy to damage. They also operate at 1.8v, so using higher voltage risks damage.

If you are up for it then look for a teardown of a KT4 to locate the serial port pads and carefully follow serial port directions.

I have not done this myself, so others will be better able to guide you. The particular directions might vary slightly depending upon the firmware type.

Dave
Old 11-04-2020, 12:10 PM   #5
Nibir88

I Think I'll wait for the Software Jailbreak.

If that's not happening I'll go for Hardware Jailbreak. I never open kindle before, I've to learn it first, after that how to do Hardware Jailbreak.

Thank You So Much.
Advert
Old 11-04-2020, 12:17 PM   #6
dhdurgee
Guru

There is no guarantee there will ever be a software jailbreak. That depends upon someone finding an exploit in the Amazon firmware that can be used to add a developer key to the keystore. If you have any experience in that area you are welcome to join the search.

Dave

Tags
jailbreak kindle