Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-18-2011, 10:37 PM   #31
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
No bother, so don't worry about that.

Here's someone else who was having problems...but finally got it to work.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=188
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:52 PM   #32
cajunseo
Zealot
cajunseo began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Well alright Dian. At least this one loaded properly onto the flash drive. However when putting on the PE, I let go of the menu and rotate buttons but never saw an update screen. Checked and still the older version. I will try again, holding the buttons longer. I saw someone saying that it took 45 or more seconds before they saw the update screen.
cajunseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2011, 11:02 PM   #33
cajunseo
Zealot

Still nothing. Depressing. I guess I'm off to Office Depot to buy a Micro SD. They have a 4 gig for $10.95. I just want to be able to download the Nook app and start reading.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:11 PM   #34
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
The MicroSD card will be handy to have for extra storage once you've updated.

I know I've read that some have had no luck updating via USB, but I'm not tech-savvy enough to know why.

I imagine you'll get it on the first try with the card, though. Be sure to keep us 'updated' (no pun intended)
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:15 PM   #35
cajunseo
Zealot

Thank you for all of your help. I will try to do it tomorrow evening at some point and I will post the results here. Have a good night. - Micky
Advert
Old 09-19-2011, 03:16 AM   #36
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunseo View Post
Pleae forgive me for asking so many questions. I probably sound pretty dumb at this point. When I change the name to update.zip do i leave the ext of .torrent?
The filename needs to only be; update.zip

1. Ensure the file is in the root directory of the USB drive.
2. Some USB drives have a proprietary bootloader that will interfere with the process.

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 09-19-2011 at 03:44 AM.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:51 AM   #37
cajunseo
Zealot

Thanks Gunner. I'm going to try the Micro SD card at some point today. On a side note, I must have done something and I'm unaware of what, but all of a sudden I have Google Search Bar open on the Home page. I don't know how it got there or how to make it go away. Can you help? _ Micky
Old 09-19-2011, 09:55 AM   #38
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunseo View Post
Thanks Gunner. I'm going to try the Micro SD card at some point today. On a side note, I must have done something and I'm unaware of what, but all of a sudden I have Google Search Bar open on the Home page. I don't know how it got there or how to make it go away. Can you help? _ Micky
The Google Search bar is on the Home Screen by default. To remove it, long press the Search Bar, hold and drag it to the Trash Can.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:59 AM   #39
fiona05
fiona05 began at the beginning.

I still can not get video's to play of any sort. Help please?
fiona05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:43 AM   #40
cajunseo
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
The Google Search bar is on the Home Screen by default. To remove it, long press the Search Bar, hold and drag it to the Trash Can.
Thank you very much. I'm learning. Can't wait to get the Micro SD later today and try to install the 2.2.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:09 PM   #41
cajunseo
Zealot

Ok. Purchased a SanDisk 8GB Micro SD today and a card reader/writer. Put the file on the card, inserted in PE held menu and rotate and turned on. Waited about 15 secs and let go. I never saw updated screen. Checked and still running 1.6. Looked at storage and file is somehow named update.zip.zip. I swear I didn't add the second zip. Now I will unsadle take out put back in computer, change name and try again. Please keep yalls fingers (and toes) crossed..............

Last edited by cajunseo; 09-19-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:12 PM   #42
cajunseo
Zealot

when i look at it on the computer, it is named update.zip. there is no 2nd zip. why? anyone care to guess what's going on there?

Last edited by cajunseo; 09-19-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:23 PM   #43
cajunseo
Zealot

i don't even know what an update screen looks like. i'm back to being frustrated enough to throw this out the window. If anyone can offer help, it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:39 PM   #44
cajunseo
Zealot

this is ridiculous...........i held those darned buttons for about 3 minutes and never got an update screen!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAARGH! i'm really about to lose it. if you read this and have some advice to offer, please help.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:24 PM   #45
Astoria
Astoria began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket edge
what type of books can be read on the pocket edge?
Astoria is offline   Reply With Quote