Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-18-2011, 08:49 PM   #16
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
No. It should read

Quote:
update.zip
and that's all.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:52 PM   #17
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wait...why does yours have a .torrent extension???

Where are you downloading from?
Advert
Old 09-18-2011, 08:52 PM   #18
cajunseo
Zealot
cajunseo began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
No. It should read

and that's all.
When I do that, I get a message saying "Please insert the last disk of the Multi-Volume set and click OK to continue" I have a choice of Ok or Cancel.
cajunseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:58 PM   #19
cajunseo
Zealot

Oh. Sorry. I am downloading from a link on this forum, something with Mark Rehorst. Working on Win7. Don't know if that makes a difference.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:01 PM   #20
DianNC
Banned

Try this:

Go to:

http://dustyfeet.com/edge/

Choose the first one - the one by Mark Rehorst. Download it and save to your download folder.

Once the download is complete navigate to the download folder and find the file.

Right click on it and choose 'Rename'.

Type update.zip.

Right click on it again (once it's renamed) and choose 'Send to' from the drop-down menu.

Send it to your USB drive.

Eject your USB drive properly and insert into your eDGe (which is completely powered off) and then perform the rest of the steps. Don't hold the two buttons down forever. Count to 10 slowly (1-Mississippi, etc.) and then release. It will start updating almost immediately.
Advert
Old 09-18-2011, 09:05 PM   #21
cajunseo
Zealot

Trying now. That is where I downloaded from. The only difference is that I dragged and dropped to the usb drive. Should not matter. And then I got the message I mentioned above. I closed it out and will now try again. Every time I have done this before, I have never seen an update screen so I kept holding the buttons.

I'll let you know in a minute. Keep your fingers crossed.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:09 PM   #22
DianNC
Banned

Everything's crossed

I think it's going to work this time!
Old 09-18-2011, 09:10 PM   #23
cajunseo
Zealot

Did as you said. Counted to 10 slowly with the Mississippi thing before letting go. Still no update screen that I'm aware of. It starts nomally and then I get a notification saying that I have a USB device plugged in. I go to storage and there it is with the file on it. Should I try to open the file from here?
Old 09-18-2011, 09:21 PM   #24
DianNC
Banned

Have you tried any of the other downloads on the dustyfeet site? I'd probably try the third one -- the one dated 04 June 11 before trying to open the file on the USB.

Matter of fact, maybe you should delete that one (and any others you've tried) before re-trying?
Old 09-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #25
cajunseo
Zealot

OK. I promise I have been doing what you said. This time I got something different as a download. I'm really not crazy. When I open it I see the file called update.zip.ermine-0.9PE. When I right click on it, I am not offerred an option to rename. Only, OPEN, CUT, COPY, DELETE and PROPERTIES. How do I rename it?
Old 09-18-2011, 09:48 PM   #26
cajunseo
Zealot

I am about to throw it out the window..............don't know whether to laugh, scream or cry.......LOL Or am I renaming and installing the whole folder?
Old 09-18-2011, 09:58 PM   #27
cajunseo
Zealot

How many gigs do I need on the usb?
Old 09-18-2011, 10:05 PM   #28
cajunseo
Zealot

after 371,902 KB download, I get a message stating that the device is no longer in the computer. Every time I try.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:23 PM   #29
DianNC
Banned

I used a 2GB drive. Someone else is having trouble updating via USB - but posted that he got it to work with a Micro SD card.

That was going to be my plan B if the USB method didn't work, but it did on the first try.

Also, the Rehorst file is good because I and many others have used it.

I downloaded the third option from the dustyfeet site just now and saved it to my download folder. When I right click on it I get the option to rename.

You're not choosing 'open' at the time of download are you? Also, once it's in the download folder -- or on the desktop (wherever you choose to save it) don't open it. Just rename as is.

I'm on Vista, but I wouldn't think that should make a big difference.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:35 PM   #30
cajunseo
Zealot

Nope. Not openning. I'm not sure if I have it correctly on the USB. Hmmmm. I don't have a micro SD and was hoping not to have to buy one. Maybe I'll try the 3rd one down and see what happens. Sorry to keep bothering you.